• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BaZZa400
    Forum Member
    • May 2003

Display Project to suit screen size

Just a quick que'

If I want to create a project that will fit on to the users screen. Do I create a small page that detects the src size and then runs another version of the project that has been created to fit a bigger screen size?
    I have tried to have different size pages in the same project and could not get it to work.
    I was thinking about having the opening project being configured for a 800x600 screen. On initalization it would check the screen size. If the screen size is 1024x768 then it would call another version of its self, which may be in a different folder with its own data folder, and then close. This would not really be a waste of space as there is only ONE extra copy to make and the projects are only small < 20 pages.

Sooooo is this the way to go Or am I chasing my tail?

Any response is welcome
    BaZZa400
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Display Project to suit screen size

Windows software applications do not resize the same way video or flash does. The components are static size. So for example when you are using Photoshop and you make the application fullscreen at 800 X 600 there's tons of stuff you simply can't see which you would be able to at 1024 X 768.

That's just a reality of software. OK so that being said it's really not that hard to do, but you will have to create a unique version of your project for each resolution first. So let's for example say you want to support 800 X 600 and 1024 X 768, you will need to create 2 seperate projects, one at each given resolution. Then you would simply use a couple of actions, i.e. SYSTEM > GET INFORMATION > HORIZONTAL RESOLUTION and SYSTEM > GET INFORMATION > VERTICAL RESOLUTION to figure out the user's screen resolution and then deploy the correct version of your app using a FILE > OPEN action or whatever...

Like I say no Windows software resizes itself the same way video or Flash will. Might seem like a hassle but that's just the way it works...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• BaZZa400
      Forum Member
      • May 2003

Again Thank You Corey
      That is what I though would have to happen.

Many Thanks
      BaZZa400

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

No prob. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Corey Milner

Comment

• BaZZa400
          Forum Member
          • May 2003

Ok I do believe that I have this sorted out. Works on the PC. I don't know how it will run on the CD because of the autorun.inf file. I think that I will have to build the porjects in a set order. So that the last project which will create the autorun.inf is the first project to run on the CD. I did try to build without creating an inf file and it crashed my machine. Windows in a dirty at present.

Anyways
          How do I tell the AutoRun Menu to open flush with the top of the screen. At present it (1024x768) is opening about 15mm from the top, thus cutting of the bottom which has my menu system on?

Your Reply always welcome
          BaZZa400

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

Use a WINDOW > MOVE action.

Corey Milner

Comment

• kpsmith
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2000

An Autorun.inf file is just a text file that points to the .exe that windows should launch upon inserting the CD. You can edit it easily in notepad .etc

Comment

Working...
              X