• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AGRO
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2000

Move project on screen....

Quick question here:

Is there a way to move the final project on the screen while only having the border present, not the title bar? The only way I can move it is by the title bar and it is not what I need to do. Any ideas?
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Move project on screen....

You could use a WINDOW > MOVE action to move it but I know of no way to make it "draggable"...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Sep 2002

You want the user to be able to move it around the screen if they like?

Without a header the only thing I can think of is to have a page with move buttons a person could click to move it up, down and left and right.

On all of the other pages you would have an option to get to the move page. On the move page you would probably want to get the position of the window and on each click move it "X" pixels in the appropriate direction.

I wonder if you could make another autoplay app that would be called to move the original app. This would then appear as an external called box for your original app. Hmmmm. . .
      TJ-Tigger
      "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
      "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
      Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Worm
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jul 2002

Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly, but if you click anywhere within the project that ISN'T on an object, or more accurately on the Page Background, you should be able to move the project around on the screen. At least it works for me.

Comment

• AGRO
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2000

Worm,

I want to make the window dragable, not using the title bar. I do not want a title bar in the project at all.

Thanks for your time all!

Comment

• Worm
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jul 2002

I understand that. If you turn off the title bar, then inside you window, anywhere there isn't an object, click and you can move the window around as you want. The main thing is that you have to be sure you aren't clicking on an object, be a text object, or whatever.

Comment

• AGRO
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2000

Ah that is the problem. There is a large picture object, the same size as the project. Thats why it does not want to work. I see says the blind man!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Worm, and everybody else. I will have to figure something out.

Comment

• Lorne
                Indigo Rose Staff Member
                • Feb 2001

Why not just make that image the background image for the page?
                --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• AGRO
                  Forum Member
                  • Oct 2000

Lorne, that worked great!! Thanks a bunch, ya just made me some more money!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X