Clear All
  • Michael
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2000

Refresh Objects??

Hi

Can someone clue me in on this subject? I've read the help files:
    <font color=blue>Page - Refresh Objects
    Refreshes one or more objects on the current page. This means that the specified objects will be redrawn, and any variables used in them will be re-expanded.
    </font color=blue>

But not sure what this means. Since AVIs and Mediaplayer objects are refreshed....does this help when the number of videos played reaches the white screen point (or the program disappears like mine is doing after about 8 or so videos have been played....)

Guess I'm searching for a way for all 38 videos on the two pages to play as many times as the user wants without a glitch.

Thanks,
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Refresh Objects??

Not sure about your question but if you're getting that error there is proably a leak in your code. I have built video jukeboxes many times without any glitches.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Michael
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2000

Yes. I was a afraid of that. This is an older imported project (3.0) and I'm thinking that it will need to be scrubbed and rebuilt from scratch.

I still wonder what (in layman's terms) refresh means for AVIs and mediaplayer objects.

Thanks.
      [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

It just "reloads" the object.

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Michael
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2000

right. thanks, Corey.
          my comments stem from postings some time back concerning what happens in AMS with large amounts of video clips. After some number of shown clips(one person reported 28), the videos then become white boxes. While I didn't understand why this happened, I was concerned with how to prevent it.

so, the short of it is that if videos are being refreshed or reloaded, and we can control for this, maybe we won't have any white boxes showing up.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X