Good quality graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good quality graphics

I need to insert graphical images onto the pages, all looks great in Win 9X but Win 2000 & XP show the background colour that I set as tranparent during the placing on the page.
    I went to 'Prime' colours and this seemed to solve the 2000/XP problem but the edges of the pictures look fuzzy and ill-defined.
    What is the fix for this ??
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Good quality graphics

Use PNGs, make them in a graphics editor such as Photoshop and then export them with PNG-24 transpareny. That gives you 100% complete control over transparency.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Lorne
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Feb 2001

Re: Good quality graphics

...except that AutoPlay 4 doesn't support PNG transparency. (Oops!)

To make the edges look good, you may have to anti-alias them using a matte color that matches (or closely matches) the background of your page. Or you could build the images right into the background, and use hotspot objects to make those areas "clickable."

If there's a "halo" around your images, then the edges on your images look fuzzy and ill-defined because they were anti-aliased against a background that is really different from your page background. Since the transparent color feature can only make one color transparent at a time, those "blended" colors around the edges are left behind.

If the image edges just look "choppy" or "pixelly," it's because they aren't anti-aliased, which is good for making the background transparent, but doesn't look quite as nice if the image has any round edges.
      --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Working...
      X