• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Incrocci
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2003

AutoPlay Media Studio vs PowerPoint

JUst curious - I never played with PowerPoint or seen any "great" productions from it. What's the basic differences in these two programs?

Rick
  • Derek
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2001

Re: AutoPlay Media Studio vs PowerPoint

Here are the Key Features of AMS4 [taken from the help file]:

Point-and-Click Design Environment
    <font color=blue>Point and click your way to professional results. Start off right using a built-in template, and then customize it all you want. The configurable drag-and-drop design environment features tabbed pages, alignment and ordering tools, undo/redo, configurable hotkeys, context menus and more.</font color=blue>

Multi-Page Menus
    <font color=blue>AutoPlay Media Studio does not limit you to just one screen of options that you can offer to your users. You can have hundreds of pages that display information, launch documents and interact with one another. This functionality gives you the freedom to create impressive multimedia presentations, training applications, application launchers, kiosks and much more.</font color=blue>

Interactive Objects
    <font color=blue>Creating an interactive element in your application is as easy as adding an object to the page. Objects can display information, react to mouse movements and clicks, and perform a wide variety of actions.</font color=blue>

Powerful Actions
    <font color=blue>Select from over 150 drag and drop actions to handle everything from launching programs and opening files to adding complex interactivity to your project. With categories like File, Font, Internet, Registry, MP3, Shortcut, Variable, String, System, Control Structure, Zip File and many more, you're sure to find the functionality you need to make your application stand above the crowd.</font color=blue>

Support for all 32-bit Windows Platforms
    <font color=blue>The applications created by AutoPlay Media Studio are designed to work on all 32-bit Windows platforms. This includes Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000.</font color=blue>

Multilingual Support
    <font color=blue>With AutoPlay Media Studio's localization features, you can just as easily present your application in Spanish as you can English. With automatic system language detection, your product can be as international as you care to make it.</font color=blue>

Here are the some key points for Powerpoint:
    <font color=green>
    PowerPoint is a complete presentation graphics package. It gives you everything you need to produce a professional-looking presentation. PowerPoint offers word processing, outlining, drawing, graphing, and presentation management tools- all designed to be easy to use and learn.
    • When you create a presentation using PowerPoint, the presentation is made up of a series of slides. The slides that you create using PowerPoint can also be presented as overhead transparencies or 35mm slides.
    • In addition to slides, you can print audience handouts, outlines, and speaker's notes.
    • You can format all the slides in a presentation using the powerful Slide Master which will be covered in the tutorial.
    • You can keep your entire presentation in a single file- all your slides, speaker's notes, and audience handouts.
    • You can import what you have created in other Microsoft products, such as Word and Excel into any of your slides.
    </font color=green>

Hope this helps somewhat [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    -
    = Derek
    ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

• Derek
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • May 2001

Ignore the bit about the poweroint tutorial ... naturally! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      -
      = Derek
      ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

• Incrocci
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2003

It sounds like AMS is much more powerful - which is what I want to tell my clients. I've often been asked if I use PowerPoint, and, of course, I say "no, I use something much more powerful..."

Rick

Comment

Working...
        X