• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Derek
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2001

Flash prob

I have a swf file [FYI - the swf file was a simple one created in SWiSH] with an email link in it. When viewed thru IE the link works fine ... opens the default email program with address in mailto:
    However, in AMS the link does the same and also opens a IE session with the mailto:address in the URL address bar.
    This shouldnt happen. Any ideas?
    This is currently a new Project with only one page, so no Actions have been added yet.
    -
    = Derek
    ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]
  • Scally
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2002

Re: Flash prob

Derek,
    I'm not that familiar with Swish but I think that it outputs the swf and an html page by default. Assumimg you're using a flash object in AMS, I wondered if this was a something in the swish file that associates it with html & so calls the browser.
    Just a guess - but if no-one else comes up with anything, I'll d'l the demo of swish & see if I can reproduce the problem.
    scally

Comment

• Derek
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • May 2001

Thanx for reply scally ... I got around it now by ditching the mailto: action in SWiSH and using FSCommand instead, so it works as it should now. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      Thanx again.
      -
      = Derek

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

I've been wondering about this myself, so you got an email link working properly in flash in AMS? How exactly is it all set up?

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Derek
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • May 2001

The swf file was originally done for the web, so the link had a mailto: action set up - which works fine in a Web Browser. However, in AMS the link opens the defaut email appplication [as it did thru IE ] and also opens a new IE session with the mailto:address in the URL bar - not what i wanted.
          Changing the mailto: action on the link to a FSCommand and then using the FSCommand in AMS sorted this out.
          1. Get Last FSCommand
          2. IF %FSCommand% = "AMS" - File.Open "mailto:address"

Now, only the default email application opens when the link is clicked in AMS.

I also had a thought about just having the swf file loaded into a html page and using the WebBrowser Object in AMS to show the html-page/flash file. This allows you to keep the mailto: action on the link instead of changing it to FSCommand, so no need to adjust anything really - and it works fine like this [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          The only disadvantage with this is the WebBrowser border! - tho we all know the workaround for that one.
          -
          = Derek

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

OK cool. When you say mailto: action do you mean a getURL action with mailto attached to it? No matter I suppose... The way you're doing it is how I have it done on the powertips CD so I'm glad to have it confirmed by a genius such as yourself. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm going down to the creek to lick toads...

Corey Milner
            Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
            X