• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toxsickcity
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2003

Easter Egg / Secrets / Hidden Stuff

Hi I am newish to this program and have created coolish menus, and would like to create SPECIAL Pages or My Eyes only...

my ideas are I Must Click <Text 1,2,3 &amp; 4> in order to be able to click <Image1>! anyone know how to do this sort of thing?

anyone got any other cool ideas to input here...

Thanks fellas!
    Shaun, Australia.
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

Re: Easter Egg / Secrets / Hidden Stuff

If you do a search, you should find a couple of posts on the topic of hidden things withing the programs, and how the user went about doing it. Protocol had a cool one in a project of his. It can be done and is easy to do and I have done it myself . . . what am I talking about again, oh yeah easter eggs. . .
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• toxsickcity
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2003

I tried to looking for the post you described but didnt find it.

sorry

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

The new powertips CD has two easter eggs... I'll never tell though. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Sep 2002

Where can we get that CD Corey?

Here is the link to one of the forums

click here
          TJ-Tigger
          "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
          "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
          Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

This CD kicked my butt but it's coming out in a matter of days. What a task!!! Perfectionism doesn't pay, or wait yes it does, except only in grey hairs...

Corey Milner

Comment

• AGRO
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2000

I made a CDROM Business card for a couple of lawers. Finished 2 months ago. The lawers were big fans of.....well lets just say they were big fans of well endowed women in swimming attire. So after a the second beta version I showed them I had a secret button that you had to push, then type a password. I made this in flash and it blended in with the background of the project. Typing in the password did not have a prompt or anything that would give you the idea that something was going on. They loved it. It was a big chance I took and I would not recommend doing it unless you are 100000000000% sure that the client does not have a problem with it. These guys have ordered a total of 1500 cds from me and they only changes they have made so far are pics of the women.

Comment

• Corey
                Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                • Aug 2002

Good going AGRO...

Corey Milner

Comment

• John-oh
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Jun 2000

There is a thread somewhere here ...

Create a Hotspot, make Very small - drag off page.

Create actions against Hotspot - like page - secret, assign Keystroke to this action (like Ctrl-F8).

On build you will get an error message ('cause Hotspot is outside page) - Ignore.

Your keystroke will take you to your 'secret' page.

Have fun

Comment

• kpsmith
                    Forum Member
                    • Jul 2000

Yep that was my post. One of my favorite fun things to do in AMS.

Comment

• Lorne
                      Indigo Rose Staff Member
                      • Feb 2001

my ideas are I Must Click <Text 1,2,3 &amp; 4> in order to be able to click <Image1>! anyone know how to do this sort of thing?
                      That's actually pretty straightforward. There are many ways you could go about doing that, but here's one way that would allow for lots of flexibility (e.g. even more complex patterns of clicking on objects):

When the page is opened (or maybe when Text1 is clicked, depends on how many secret trigger sequences you want), set a variable called %easter% to an empty string, like so:

%easter% = ""

Then, whenever an object is clicked, append the name of that object to the end of the string in that variable, like so:

%easter% = %easter% + "Text1"

When you click on an object at the end of the easter egg "chain," you would follow that with a search in %easter% for the appropriate pattern. For example, in your case, you would search for the string "Text1Text2Text3Text4Image1" in the actions for the Image1 object. If the pattern is found, clear out %easter% again (to prevent a false positive on the easter egg sequence), and then reveal the easter egg.

There are countless other ways to do this, but that's the way I'd do it.
                      --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Working...
                      X