• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobertB
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Nov 2000

Search Mechanism

Ok...I am in panic mode now...I FINALLY booked a small piece of biz that will allow me to do some diddling in AMS. I am hoping to purchase a whiz bang template.....but, this job is just a basic image catalogue of 25 images. Is it easy to integrate a key word search mechanism?

Also, any templates up for sale soon? I am currently messing around in the corporate slideshow...but, looking for any other templates...I see SWISH has some...but, I do not have the time to learn all those variables.....so, I am hoping I can knock this out exclusively in AMS...

TIA!
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Search Mechanism

For old friend such as yourself I could probably assist with a template (I'd offer it as a free download to everyone else too) please give me as much details of what you need as you can an I'll post a few ideas.

As to the search thing yes that's very easy. Global lists are best you can also use or combine them with flat text files also. If the keywords never need to be changed then that's very simple to do. Simple create a global list, create 25 entries within it and store all the keywords for each of the 25 images in it's repsective global list slot in a tab delimited string.

From there the search process is very simple and can be customized also. All you have to do is search and parse your global list, which is very easy...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Bruce
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jun 2001

[Corey] God love-um!

Comment

• taccurso
        Forum Member
        • May 2001

Just out of curiosity, why would you want to search on only 25 items?

Comment

• Corey
          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
          • Aug 2002

Because the catalog contains exactly 25 images as stated above.

Corey Milner
          Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
          X