• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brett
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jan 2000

New DLL to change screen resolutions - ResMaster

My daughter woke me up at 6:00 AM this morning (Saturday) [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] so I decided to make a new DLL that I have been thinking about for a while. It is used to query and change a user's screen resoltion, color depth, etc. at runtime. I have seen a lot of folks asking for this kind of thing in the past, so here it is.

You can read about it and download the DLL and a sample AMS40 project from icynorth.com.

Please note that dynamically changing a user's screen resolution can be risky and should be done with caution. You must try and use this DLL at your own risk. Source code is downloadable from the Icy North web site as well, so if you see any potential problems, please let me know.

Well, enjoy it. And remember who loves ya. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Now for some breakfast...
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

Re: New DLL to change screen resolutions - ResMaster

Amazing what a Blurry Visioned Coder can get done early in the morning.
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• AGRO
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2000

Brett, I have no words. You are truly the man.

Comment

• Derek
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • May 2001

LOL ... poor Brett. Guess who's the boss??

The fact that your daughter awoke you at 0600 means she is still young. It sounds, to me, more like:
        <font color=purple>"Hey!! Wake up Daddy ... get your lazy bones outta that bed and go write a DLL" ... says Baby Kapilik
        "Go away ... leave me to sleep some more" ... replies Brett.
        "Dont you talk to me in that manner. DO AS YOUR TOLD ... GO WRITE A DLL"

Brett complies, blurry visioned and not impressed!</font color=purple>

... obviously!! Coz who would get up that early, otherwise, and do such a thing? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

You're busted Brett .... we got it all figured out! ... and you have so many more years of this [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

[we love you too, thanx ... as always [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]]
        -
        = Derek
        ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

• Corey
          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
          • Aug 2002

Exactly. That kid knows the score, she's been waiting for you to get your act together vis-a-vis that .dll for much too long now and simply figured it it was high time somebody did something about it. Kudos to her for taking charge and making things happen, Baby Kapilik is indeed a mover and a shaker.

Corey Milner
          Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Brett
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • Jan 2000

Exactly. Strange kid. Loves Barney, Teletubbies, Win32 C++ DLLs and her daddy. Now if she could just get her ATL/COM based middle-tier business layer components down. Maybe when she's 2...

Comment

• Corey
              Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
              • Aug 2002

Well as long as you're not pushing her... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Corey Milner
              Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
              X