• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TristanD
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2006

Tigg, The apz..

Tigg, i posted about some commandline unzipper of wich i can't find the post nomore..

anyway here is the whole project of it... the aim of this project is that a tree gets populated with a particular filetype (zip) and whem double click on a item in the tree the file gets unzipped to a user chosen location... plz take a look at it and tell me whats wrong.. (if you can)

[link]

Regards, Tristan
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

I am lost then. The commandline post I believe was in regards to using the _CommandLineArgs to provide commandline argurment to your AMS app. What it seems you want to do is unzip an file using some sort of zip utility. To do that you would need to use the file.run action and specify the app to run and then any arguments for that app.

However if you are wanting to unzip a compressed archive why not use the built-in zip actions within AMS. No need to use an external tool.

Tigg
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• TristanD
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2006

the external tool is made with ams... that my whole idea :P but can you help me. I believe the file location isn't passed on correctly

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Sep 2002

Do you have the code for the external too as well? As that is the program that most likely opens the zip the code to investigate would be in there. At least the handling the _CommandLineArgs is in there. Where in the apz that you provided is the line that launches the zip tool?
        TJ-Tigger
        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
        Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• TristanD
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2006

heres to other apz
          Attached Files

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Sep 2002

What is probably happening is you are not checking to see if the item provided by _CommandLineArgs is a zip file. Remember that is you are running from a compressed executable (ie, email/web exe) then one of the items will be the SFXSOURCE and is probably the first item in _CommandLineArgs. Just loop through the table and check to see if SFXSOURCE is present and if not then you can check to see if it is a zip. Or the other way around.

It is this line

08 zip_contents = Zip.GetContents(_CommandLineArgs[1], true);

Here is the old post

TJ-Tigger

Comment

Working...
            X