• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • majik92
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2007

Back/Forward Buttons Visibility

I'm working on a project and it has a web object called "Web Frame". I also have a Back button called "Back" and a Forward button called "Forward". They do what they are supposed to do and works fine. However, for the sake of the user, how do I make the back button not visible if there are no pages to go back to? Same with the forward button: if there are no pages to go forward to, I would like the forward button to not be visible.

I tried doing that by making a registry value called frame_id and making the data for the value 0. Every time I navigate on the web object, I would add +1 to the data of frame_id. If I go back it would -1 from the number. If I go forward, I would +1 to the number. I must have missed something, because it doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    majik92
  • bule
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2005

Yes, but how will you control the ''right click > back/forward'' actions?
    Or mouses with back/forward buttons?
    Never know what life is gonna throw at you. ZubTech

Comment

• majik92
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2007

Back/Forward Buttons

But, its not like I dont want them to go back and forward. I just want the back button to be invisible if there are no pages to go back to. Same with the foward button.

And anyway I can stop the right-click back/forward by disabling right-click with javascript:
      Code:
      <body oncontextmenu="return false;">

Comment

• bule
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • May 2005

I was thinking about that if even if you manage to make your code work if the user uses your FWD/BACK APMS buttons, it will still fail if the user uses mouse FWD/BACK buttons or contex menu FWD/BACK buttons... unless some advanced techniques are used...
        Never know what life is gonna throw at you. ZubTech

Comment

Working...
        X