• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

TiggTV What would you like to see next?

Are there any major subjects you would like to see in the next episodes of TiggTV. I have three more episodes to finish this latest run of SQLite videos but after that I am open to suggestions. I have some ideas on showing how to use the XML plugin, maybe with an RSS feed or the Charting flash software that is in the Examples forum.

Please post your ideas here.

Tigg
    XML for RSS feeds
    19.35%
    XML for the Charts/Graphs Flash
    25.81%
    _CommandLineArgs - how to use this variable and other global variables
    29.03%
    Dynamic menu Updates
    9.68%
    Using a Tree/Listbox/Combobox for page jumps
    16.13%
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine
  • RizlaUK
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2006

Well, i had to go with "_Commandline", i feel i can get to grips with the xml plugin but i am missing out on a lot of ams power when it comes to the commandline stuff

like: how to asscio a file with a ams app and make the app open and run the file "when the file is clicked, not the app" for custom text editors, media players and web browsers :yes
    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Sep 2002

So when it comes to the _CommandLineArgs what do you want to see. How are you looking to use it with an AMS app. Do you want to drag and drop information onto your exe and have it read those into your app? Do you want to have some command line switches to add if you want to access a particular page.

If you can help with how you might want to use it I can start working on a show.

Tigg
      TJ-Tigger
      "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
      Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Josué Alba
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TJ_Tigger View Post
        So when it comes to the _CommandLineArgs what do you want to see. How are you looking to use it with an AMS app. Do you want to drag and drop information onto your exe and have it read those into your app? Do you want to have some command line switches to add if you want to access a particular page.

If you can help with how you might want to use it I can start working on a show.

Tigg
        Drag and Drop will be superB ...

Comment

• bobbie
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2005

XML for RSS feeds

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Josué Alba View Post
            Drag and Drop will be superB ...
            What kind of file or files would you want to drag and drop on a project.

Images
            music
            videos
            XML

Tigg
            TJ-Tigger

Comment

• RizlaUK
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • May 2006

Images would make a good start, i have a image editor app (resize and crop) im going to rewrite it soon for some updates and bug fixes, and it would be handy to be able to drag a image onto the exe and have it open in the image object,

The same again for music files, but i rather learn it with image files to start off with, im sure once we see the technique used we could adapt to make it fit most files/objects
              Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• Josué Alba
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TJ_Tigger View Post
                What kind of file or files would you want to drag and drop on a project.

Images
                music
                videos
                XML

Tigg
                /agree Images would be a nice start.

Comment

Working...
                X