Clear All
  • Jonas DK
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2004

Help with SQLite function

Hi

Can anyone see what I'm missing here.
    I'm stock on this one...
    If any one could't help it would be much apriciaded..

I Have 2 functions function one calls function 2 in the end, the problem as I see it is on function 2

This is the first function:
    Code:
    function BetalEnhed(strEnhed, strDato)
    strListPay = "Nej";
    local tbCPR ={};
    local tbMedlem = SQLite.QueryToTable(db, "SELECT * FROM tMedlem where Enhed = "..Enclose(Encrypt(strEnhed)));
    	if tbMedlem and tbMedlem.Rows > 0 then
    		for i,v in tbMedlem.Data do
    			--Add each item returned from the above query to the table
    			Table.Insert(tbCPR, i, Decrypt(tbMedlem.Data[i]["CPR"]));
    		end
    	else Dialog.Message("ERROR", "Der opstod en fejl i betaling", MB_OK, MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_DEFBUTTON1);
    	end
    	if tbCPR and Table.Count(tbCPR) > 0 then
    	v = Table.Count(tbCPR);
    		for i,v in tbCPR do
    			SQLite.Query(db, "Insert into tBetaling(CPR, Betaling, Paied) values(".. Enclose(Encrypt(tbCPR[i]))..", "..Enclose(Encrypt(strDato))..", "..Enclose(Encrypt(strListPay)).." )", nil);
    			--ListBox.AddItem("ListBox1", MyDecrypt(tbMedlem.Data[i]["Fornavn"]).." "..MyDecrypt(tbMedlem.Data[i]["Efternavn"]), MyDecrypt(tbMedlem.Data[i]["CPR"]));
    		end
    	else Dialog.Message("ERROR", "Der opstod en fejl i betaling", MB_OK, MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_DEFBUTTON1);
    	end
    	MissingPaymentToLB(strListPay);
    end
    This one seams to work as I don't get any errors

Function 2:
    Code:
    function MissingPaymentToLB(strListPay)
    local tbPayment = SQLite.QueryToTable(db, "SELECT * FROM tBetaling WHERE Paied = "..Enclose(Encrypt(strListPay)));
    ListBox.DeleteItem("ListBox1", -1);
    ListBox.SetUpdate("ListBox1", false);
    	if tbPayment and tbPayment.Rows > 0 then
    	local tbCPR ={};
    		for i,v in tbPayment.Data do
    			Table.Insert(tbCPR, i, Decrypt(tbPayment.Data[i]["CPR"]));
    		end
    		if Table.Count(tbCPR) > 0 then
    			for i,v in tbCPR do
    			local tbCPRList	SQLite.QueryToTable(db, "SELECT * FROM tMedlem Where CPR = "..Enclose(Encrypt(tbCPR[i])));
    			ListBox.AddItem("ListBox1", Decrypt(tbCPRList.Data[i]["Fornavn"]).." "..Decrypt(tbCPRList.Data[i]["Efternavn"]), Decrypt(tbCPRList.Data[i]["CPR"])) 
    			end
    		end
    	end
    	ListBox.SetUpdate("ListBox1", true);
    end
    On this one I get an error saying "attempt to index local 'tbCPRList' (a nil value)

I've been going over this some times now and I think I've gone blind to the problem... maybe some fresh eyes can see where I'm going wrong.

Cheers,
    Jonas
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

Is the query returning anything at all or is there an error with the query? This is the query I am referring to in your second function.

Code:
    local tbCPRList	SQLite.QueryToTable(db, "SELECT * FROM tMedlem Where CPR = "..Enclose(Encrypt(tbCPR[i])));
    If this is nill then it seems that your query might be malformed or missing a parameter. I would suggest enabling debugging from the Edit Preferences menu and watching the information as it scrolls by or adding some error checking code.

Here are some suggestions

To make sure that the information is actually available you can do this.
    Code:
    if tbCPRList and tbCPRList.Rows > 0 then
         --the table exists and has rows
         ListBox.AddItem("ListBox1", Decrypt(tbCPRList.Data[i]["Fornavn"]).." "..Decrypt(tbCPRList.Data[i]["Efternavn"]), Decrypt(tbCPRList.Data[i]["CPR"])) 
    else
         --either the table did not exist or returned 0 rows

end
    or you can try this
    Code:
    -- Test for error
    error = Application.GetLastError();
    if (error ~= 0) then
    	Dialog.Message("Error", _tblErrorMessages[error], MB_OK, MB_ICONEXCLAMATION);
    end
    The second suggestion should help in providing you with information as to why your query fails while the first checks to make sure information is available before trying to process said data.

HTH
    Tigg
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• Jonas DK
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jul 2004

Thanks Tigg

I actually put it aside a watched a cartoon (actually The Tigger Movie)

And I now looked at it again in conjunchen to what you just wrote and
      I found the problem.

This is the original postet script:
      Code:
      local tbCPRList	 SQLite.QueryToTable(db, "SELECT * FROM tMedlem Where CPR = "..Enclose(Encrypt(tbCPR[i])));
      			end
      And this is the changed and working one:
      Code:
      local tbCPRList	= SQLite.QueryToTable(db, "SELECT * FROM tMedlem Where CPR = "..Enclose(Encrypt(tbCPR[i])));
      			ListBox.AddItem("ListBox1", Decrypt(tbCPRList.Data[1]["Fornavn"]).." "..Decrypt(tbCPRList.Data[1]["Efternavn"]), Decrypt(tbCPRList.Data[1]["CPR"])) 
      			end
      Notis the difference?

In the first bit
      Code:
      local tbCPRList	 SQLite.QueryToTable(db, "SELECT * FROM tMedlem Where CPR = "..Enclose(Encrypt(tbCPR[i])));
      I added an = between the tbCPRList and the SQLite.QueryToTable
      This fixed the error in my first post but created a new one in the secound bit
      Code:
      ListBox.AddItem("ListBox1", Decrypt(tbCPRList.Data[1]["Fornavn"]).." "..Decrypt(tbCPRList.Data[1]["Efternavn"]), Decrypt(tbCPRList.Data[1]["CPR"])) 
      			end
      Where I then changed the i the the table index with 1
      Because the table it reads from contains multible indexes and the table returned from the query will always only contain 1 index number since the table is created over and over agin in the loop and it can only find the CPR field once in the SQLite table since it is unique.

So thanks for the help tigg not only with this but if it wassent for your TiggTv I would never have gotten this far using SQLite.

This is my first SQLite project, and quite a handfull using multible tables to store data in...

I've gone from knowing nothing about SQLite or SQL to now being able to make an app like this i just a week. Fantastic

Looking forward to more TiggTV.

Cheers,
      Jonas

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Sep 2002

How easy it is to overlook a little thing like that.

Looking forward to more TiggTV.
        Me too. I have about 4 shows with code ready to be recorded. I just need to find the time to do it. More on SQL. I also have several show ideas in the bag ready to go. I hope to get those out in the new year.

Tigg
        TJ-Tigger
        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
        "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
        Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

Working...
        X