• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jrak
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2005

Autoplay Media Studio 6 Opens Very Slowly

I've been using Autoplay Media Studio 6 for more than a year and suddenly encountered a problem that I can't explain. It is now taking more than 4.5 minutes to load, considerly longer than in the past. Once loaded it appears to work. I've done a scan disk, defraged my hard drive, virus check, malware check, registry check (with Norton), uninstalled and reinstalled Autoplay Media Studio, and disabled my virus protection (at request of support staff). It still takes 4.5 minutes to load. I'm concerned that there may be some underlying problem that will give me grief down the road. Does anyone have any suggestions for other measures I can take?
  • AlexSugar
    • Sep 2006

I would reinstall Windows

Comment

• RizlaUK
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • May 2006

i agree, when a system goes bad there is nothing that can bring it back,

i sometimes have the same problem, long loading times and refuses to preview or build the project (ams and other stuff i use) and although a reinstall of windows takes a while to compleat, its nice to work with a clean system
      Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• eric_darling
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2002

FWIW, I had this problem about 2 months ago. Simultaneously, I was having trouble with video playback being very dark on my monitor. So, I investigated my nVidia chipset drivers, and realized there was an update available. Following the update, my video problems were fixed, and I was overjoyed to see that the same update seemed to fix the slow AMS load time. Go figure - something in the old drivers must have been slowing down AMS' initialization. Of course, your mileage may vary.
        Eric Darling
        eThree Media
        http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• AlexSugar
          • Sep 2006

eric_darling,
          oh yes, I had the same trouble but I have ATI chipset. But I had this troubles never before, before it suddenly happened.

Comment

• jrak
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Oct 2005

Thanks for the guidance. I was pretty much resigned to doing a reinstallation of Windows, but I always like to explore any other possibilities first. I have quite a few programs on my computer and a new install of Windows would be very time consuming. If anyone else has any other suggestions, I would be happy to hear them.

Comment

• AlexSugar
              • Sep 2006

jrak, reinstall the Windows is the best suggestion, because any software can repair your PC to work well, when it's the deep error.

Note: The PC that has just installed Windows with some programms is much better than a big "software box". Some programms may not work together and you'll have much more problems...

My other suggestion: search some media softwares, that could not work with AMS

Comment

• jrak
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Oct 2005

AlexSugar, You're very right about programs conflicting with each other. I once had a conflict between Roxio and Nero that crashed my PC whenever I inserted a disk in the drive. When I removed Roxio the problem went away.

Comment

• mwreyf1
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Aug 2004

Another option would be to do a RESTORE back to a restore point before this started.

It's alot less painfull then doing a full restore.

That is IF you didn't turn that feature off.

Comment

Working...
                  X