• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Proent
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2006

Video or SWF player, Best Way?

This is my first post to this forum, i am rather new to AMS6 and have taken on a projest i would like build with it. I am a flash fanatic and when i found AMS, the versitility with the flash integration blew my mind. I first got AMS to build electronic press kits for bands and other performers. I've also made a couple simple small programs. This program is for a friend who owns a computer company. He wants to run commercials, stored either in a server file folder or in a database, in bars and restaurants. The commercial creation will be done by my company and he wants to be able to simply upload the files to the folder or database and let the program do the rest. The files can be either video of any format or SWF. I'm wondering what the best way to do this in AMS is.
  • Josué Alba
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2005

If you have the possibility to use Flash... Well I would use flash. AMS60 has the FLASH embedding system and you can also keep its functionality through FScommand both sides.

and welcome to AMS you'll love it

Comment

• eric_darling
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jun 2002

Flash 8 video is pretty good quality, and the integration of FLV files with SWF components is really very good, especially, as you've noted, when used in conjunction with AMS. I say there's no reason to use anything else, unless you are concerned with 100% ubiquity. In that case, you'll be better off compressing to WMV-9 or MPEG-1 instead. I'm not sure what the statistics are, but most computers are probably running Flash 8 or higher by now. You can use AMS' built-in Flash dependency check and ensure that your users have version 8 or higher, too. That will add some smart handling to your project.
      Eric Darling
      eThree Media
      http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• Proent
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2006

ok thanks I didn't know if using AMS would be easier or and or more efficent.

Comment

Working...
        X