• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffman
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Mar 2005

Autorun Magick Studio ???

Has anyone seen this? I dont' want to link here, but just google the name and it comes up as the first result. Its a botched attempt at a real AMS. If I were IR, I'd be pretty ****ed about it. Just look at their screenshot...

As if they didn't completely ripoff the gui & buttons, they also stole the context menus and even the "on click", "on mouse over", etc events!

:-\
    Attached Files
  • RizlaUK
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2006

lol, iv seen a few apps like that, but autorun is it, i think ams was marketed with the wrong name maybe "Autoplay" gives people the wrong impression

these apps are ok for those that want to make a menu for there games, cd's and image disks the thats where ams kicks the living daylights out of them

i dont think IR will be to worried about these "wannerbe" apps as ams has its reputation to live off and apps like that ^^ dont even come close
    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• Dermot
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Apr 2004

It has similarities but then any app that creates autorun menus is going to have things in common. But like RizlaUK says, it's just for CD menus, there is no scripting language. That's where IR have a huge lead.

As for it looking the same, keep in mind that things like toolbars and property panes etc. are just third party controls that any developer can purchase and use in their apps. Same for icons etc. So that doesn't mean they stole or copied anything from IR.

Now they do have some very very cool features that I really wish IR had.
      • RTF-text viewer :yes
      • Subpages, :yes
      • borderless web object :yes
      • polyline :yes

The subpages feature is the most powerfull feature. Being able to display one page in another, as many levels deep as you want. Combined with the abilty to have pages of different sizes, the possibilities are endless.

The RTF viewer is awesome too, but it would be even better if you could edit the text also.
      Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

• holtgrewe
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jul 2002

This is closer competition to AutorunMax than AMS6 ... it looks very similar to AutoPlay 3 or 4.

This Magick guy has some nice features as Dermot states; but its still several generations behind AMS6.

Comment

• TristanD
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2006

IR should be ''happy'' with others trying to recreate AMS .. This prooves that AMS IS REALLY REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Radioguy
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2006

There are a lot of those Autoplays out their. I can't believe a year ago I passed up on AMS because of it. :o
            I was stupidly thinking it was just a cd menu launcher....oh if I had only known. That's okay though I came on board and purchased AMS6.04 after finally putting it thru the paces during the trial period and the quick answers to all of my , feel stupid now, questions to Brett can it do this and can it do that....realising it truly was the intuitive hardcore development tool I was looking for. I finally put the Dire**** thingy to bed for good.

I've since read older threads and noticed calls for a name change because of the so called Autoplay stigma.

Cheers

Radio Guy

Comment

• azmanar
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Oct 2004

Hi,

I've been using some "autoplays" before sticking with AMS.

AMS is giving me the peace of mind because I can rely on it to build stable apps for my clients.

However, Dermot mentioned some features of AMagick that I would like to have in AMS. From the other side, what would stop them from implementing a scripting language, SQLite and other AMS features into AMagick. It really depends on their biz strategy to emulate IR or not. But this is not my main concern.

I'd love more features. Who doesnt want such. But for now, my concern is stable outputs.
              Newbie Examples
              ------> AMS 7.5 : amstudio.azman.info
              ----> AMS 6 & 5: www.azman.info/ams/
              ----> FB: facebook.com/GuideToWealth

----> Content Development Blog: www.AZMAN.asia

Comment

Working...
              X