• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • st001
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2006

Help inserting and playing flash file

I'm just getting started with AMS. Great software. I would like to start adding some .swf files to my projects. I am able to insert a flash file (using the tool bar flash icon) that starts immediately upon opening the project but I would like a bit more control over how and when the flash file plays. For example:

How can I make a flash file start on some trigger such as a mouse movement or after a few second delay?

How can I make a flash file start at the end of a previous flash file?

I would appreciate any examples or help anyone is willing to share.
  • RizlaUK
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2006

Hi, welcome to the world of AMS

i cant realy help with flash as its something i dont reasy do, but just as a pointer ams supports fscommands, double click the flash object and click the "scripts" tab, in there is a fscommands section, then click the "Add Action" button and scroll to down to flash, you will see a list of commands for flash files, "play, stop, seek" and various others, these actions can also be triggerd in a button "on click" event or in any other object, also the help file is very indepth, it explains all the functions in detail, for each function in the add action dialog there is a link to the help file so if you are unsure of how to use a function or what it dose, click the link and the help file will open right on the page you need for that function

have a click around, if you get stuck and the help file dosent cover it, post youe apz here and someone will take a look at it for you (click "export" in the file menu to export the apz

hopw that was some help:yes
    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• st001
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2006

Thanks. I noticed the scripts section but was a bit intimidated. I will follow your advice... I will insert an action and see how it goes. I will post any issues I have from that point.

Comment

• st001
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2006

To keep things simple I've added a button then in the Button Properties section, Script Tab - On Click I enter Flash.Play("Flash1");

My flash object still just plays immediately upon opening the project. I would like to have some control over when the file plays
        Last edited by st001; 01-17-2007, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• RizlaUK
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • May 2006

did you uncheck the box "autostart" in the flash objects propertys sheet

Comment

• AudioSam
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jan 2007

Hello RizlaUK

Can you send me an email address pvt.
            Thanks AudioSam

Comment

• st001
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2006

I unchecked the auto start box. It still continues to play immediately.

Comment

• RizlaUK
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • May 2006

ok, put this in the page onshow

Flash.Stop(FlashObject);
                if it still dosent work then post your project and ill take a look

Comment

• st001
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2006

I will let you know how that works. I will be away a few days and then let you know. Thanks again for your suggestions and help.

Comment

• st001
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2006

example of flash

Here is a simple example. I would like to get the initial flash movie to play after a specific time (say 5 seconds or so). This one starts immediately. I've tried numerous commands but get nothing to work. I would appreciate an example I could look at.
                    Thank you.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X