• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucufa
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2007

grab certain lines from text

Hey,

I have say 10 boxes, you put a url in each box and it verifies if it's valid - i got that done. but its a pain copying 1 url and pasting it in 1 box for 10 times..

is there way i could somehow make a large input box, and the user pastes 10 urls all in a go instead of box by box (also a check to make sure it doesn't go over 10 lines [1 url per line]) and it grabs the 1st line and verifies, grabs the 2nd verifies etc. upto 10.. or even if they paste over 10 urls it just ignores the 11'th and onwards, but it grabs the first 10.. basically i need to know how to grab each line 1by1 to verify it.

if anyone can help, would be great, thanks.
  • RizlaUK
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2006

you could do 1 of 2 things

1. populate the listbox from text file, checking its no longer than 10 lines

2. use a input object instead, and use the various input function to perform the checks (both the ammount of lines and url)

ill see if i can make a example of one or the other
    Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• lucufa
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2007

i think the 2nd one is easier, but yea i'm using input boxes and stuff at the moment, so they use input commands. what input commands are capable of grabbing the url per line though? hope you can make a good example for me, i'll sure learn from it

Comment

• lucufa
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2007

any luck yet?

Comment

Working...
        X