• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mz241508
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2006

Need Listbox help!!!

does anyone know how to make two listboxs to scroll down or up at the same time?
  • Tek
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2004

You may want to check out the DataGrid plug-in if you don't find any other solutions.

Comment

• mz241508
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2006

thanks tek!

Comment

• TJS
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Oct 2005

Tek's recommendation is best, but if you're are feeling crafty (and can concede the data capabilities of the listbox) you could use paragraph objects instead. The paragraph object includes a number of scroll related actions that you could use to construct a set of buttons (up/down/pageup/pagedown/etc.) that would control any number of paragraph objects on a page.

This work nicely if you are displaying info... probably will be too limiting if you want the user to be able to manipulate the data as well.
        Yeah right. Who's the only one here who knows the illegal ninja moves from the government?

()))))))))o)))))))==============================================

Comment

• mz241508
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2006

does anyone know how to make two listboxs to scroll down or up at the same time?
          i wanted the help for a zip tool project i am working on - View my Zip tool thread >

does anyone know how to convert file size bytes to megebytes?
          Last edited by mz241508; 01-16-2007, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• RizlaUK
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • May 2006

hey mz, take a look here, i just figerd how to do the list box thing with worms slider framework example, its just what you asked for
            Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• TJS
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by mz241508 View Post
              does anyone know how to convert file size bytes to megebytes?
              1 MB = 1024 KB
              1 KB = 1024 B

Therefore 1 MB = 1024 x 1024 B = 1,048,576 B

Tip: The Google search box will do conversions for you. Just type:

megabytes to bytes
              It'll convert all kinds of things like metric to imperial measurements and currencies. It also will do calculations for you.
              Yeah right. Who's the only one here who knows the illegal ninja moves from the government?

()))))))))o)))))))==============================================

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • Sep 2002

I have done this with multiple list boxes for showing invoices and such information. I was able to get them synch'd by using the on select event so when an item was selected in one LB it was selected in all the other LBs. It seemed to work well. The DataGrid would be the best however for showing multiple columns of information if that is what you are looking to do.

Here is the code that I placed in the On Select event. The listboxes need to have the same prefix and then contain a numerical value afterword in order to get them to synch correctly. I don't remember if this was the final version of the function or not.

HTH

Code:
                --*************************************************************************
                --** Name:		OrderList
                --** Purpose:	Sets correct position for associated listboxes
                --** Values:	sPrefix: 	ListBox prefix name 
                --**			nCount: 	Defines the number of listboxes that need to be changed
                --**			nPosition: 	Defines the new scroll position
                --** Returns:	Nothing
                --*************************************************************************
                function OrderList(sPrefix, nCount, nPosition)
                	local i = 1
                	for i = 1,nCount do
                		ListBox.SelectItem(sPrefix..i, nPosition);
                	end
                end
                Tigg

P.S. these listboxes did not have scroll bars.
                TJ-Tigger
                "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
                "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
                Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• RizlaUK
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • May 2006

here is just the tool for such a task, i got it from http://www.amsuser.com/ apz examples and i use it all the time

im sure you can get the code you need from it
                  Last edited by RizlaUK; 02-01-2009, 11:35 AM.
                  Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• bule
                    Indigo Rose Customer
                    • May 2005

DataGrid is nice but it has one big negative side and that is the absence of the On Key, On Focus, On Mouse and similar events.

Also, to be able to Set focus, Tab in and Tab out of the DataGrid (like with the ListBox od ComboBox) is essential.
                    Never know what life is gonna throw at you. ZubTech

Comment

• mz241508
                      Forum Member
                      • Oct 2006

thanks everyone for the help!

Comment

Working...
                      X