• Show
Clear All
  • TristanD
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2006

Browser With Custom File Downloader

Hi EveryOne,

I've created a webbrowser (AGAIN) but now with a Seperate File Downloader

Both are created with ams. now comes my question ...

If the webobject loads an url wich points to an .exe or .xip the Downlaod manager will be started with the url of the file as the CMDLINE.. this works fine the only problem i have is the webobject then also show the standard file download crap from MS... How do i get rid of that ??

Regards, Tristan
  • TristanD
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2006

some1 please help me with this

Comment

• clueless
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2006

Just use http.download i think. ive just written a auto downloader/Bot type thing that might help http://www.indigorose.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18147
      It also uses the command line to allow the 1 program to do two jobs depending on how its run.
      Last edited by clueless; 01-07-2007, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• RizlaUK
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • May 2006

you would need to disable the ie download manager in the reg, this task is beyound me at the mo and without your browser i couldent even begin to test it, but i have managed to find some info that might be usefull to you

and theres this handy lil app that will edit all of the ie reg entreys, it might be of some use but be careful useing it, just took me 45 mins to fix ie after useing it lol

Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• TristanD
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2006

i dont need to replace it.. i want it to not show up at all!!

Cant that be set.. ??

Comment

• RizlaUK
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • May 2006

2. For Internet Explorer 6 and later, if the WebBrowser application does not implement the IServiceProvider::QueryService method, or when using Internet Explorer itself for which IServiceProvider::QueryService cannot be implemented, the application checks for the presence of a registry key containing the class identifier (CLSID) of the download manager COM object. The CLSID can be provided in either of the following registry values.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/DownloadUI

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/DownloadUI

If the application cannot locate a custom download manager the default download user interface is used.
            so from that i take it that you need to add the CLSID of your download manager in to the reg key above, this will (in theory) prevent the default IE download manager from running

try setting your download manager as default on your system manualy then export the reg key to ams, then reset your websettings and give it a try

it might work, it might not, this is something im not realy clued up on im just throwing ideas at you
            Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

Working...
            X