Building the project as EXE file with EXTERN files???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlexSugar
    • Sep 2006

Building the project as EXE file with EXTERN files???

I wanna build the whole project as EXE file.
    But only with "Audio", "Script", "Plugin", "Image", "Flash" and "Icons" in it.

I want to let "Docs" and "Videos" folders EXTERN. My Project was written for DVD's. "Videos" (with movies in it) and "Docs" (with codecs and players in it) shouldn't have to big size to build it as one file.

Is it possible?
  • AlexSugar
    • Sep 2006

Is there anyone, who can help me?

Comment

• Intrigued
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Dec 2003

If you would like to delete those two folders (if you have anything in them of course you would want to backup such first). Then have a look at using the following Actions in AMS;

Code:
      Dialog.FolderBrowse()
      Folder.Create()
      File.Copy()
      In short...

You could create the folders (Folder.Create) on the clients system (or let them pick a location (aka. folder) to store such).

Then you can copy the files into the folders you or the end-user want (File.Copy).

That's one approach anyway.
      Intrigued

Comment

• Intrigued
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Dec 2003

Also, you may want to change your signature from:

Ask Questions, Demain Answers...

to...

Ask Questions, Demand Answers...
        Intrigued

Comment

• AlexSugar
          • Sep 2006

Hi Intrigued,
          I think you didn't understand me. Look, I made a DVD project to save about 6 movies on it. I used AMS6 to create a "Movie Autoplay" (with movie information a.s.o.). I always built the project as "Burn Data CD/DVD" (all the folders were extern of the executable file. Now I want to bulid the whole project executable (as one file), only without "Docs" and "Videos" folders. I wanna let them extern > on DVD, because they are to big (with movies about 4 GB)

Any suggestions?

PS.: Thanks for fixing my mistake in my signature. My bad English...
          Last edited by AlexSugar; 01-10-2007, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• bule
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • May 2005

You could use the web exe file approach, but instead of a internal Docs and Videos folders use your own folders in the CD root. Just add these folders to your project next to autoplay.exe.

Load the files into objects with a path like one of these:
            _SourceFolder.."\\Docs\\coda.exe"
            _SourceFolder.."\\Videos\\WhiteAndNerdy.mpg"
            _SourceFolder.."\\CustomFolder\\MyFile.ogg"
            Never know what life is gonna throw at you. ZubTech

Comment

• AlexSugar
              • Sep 2006

Hi bule,
              thank you for the suggestion! I'll try this, but I think I remember, that I already tried that. AMS6 has taken everything that contains in the folder which contains autorun.exe file (source folder). But I'll try that again. :yes

Comment

• RizlaUK
                Indigo Rose Customer
                • May 2006

correct me if i am wrong, but if the app is a web exe when it is run it will unpack to a temp folder so "_SourceFolder" will be the path to the temp folder and the autoplay will not find the folders on the cd,

im sure i saw something in the manual about _SourceFolder only applying to to burn data CD/DVD type of apps and that function will not work with web exe's

but i found this in the manual
                Tip: Occasionally you may need the location your compressed executable was launched from. For this reason a command line argument is passed into your AutoPlay application in the form: SFXSOURCE:SFE EXE NAME where "SFE EXE NAME" is the full path to the compressed executable. For example, "SFXSOURCE:C:\Temp\launcher.exe". In your AutoPlay application you can access this command line argument using the Global Variable _CommandLineArgs. If any command line arguments are passed to the compressed executable, they will also be passed into the AutoPlay application.
                i havent a clue how it works but it looks like what you need
                Embrace change in your life, you never know, it could all work out for the best

Comment

• Intrigued
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Dec 2003

Taking off from the last post you then may want to look a this post I did for the Suggestions area:

Intrigued

Comment

• AlexSugar
                    • Sep 2006

Hi Intrigued!

Tell me some more please, how can I use your scripts in my project. Where should I set it?

Comment

• AlexSugar
                      • Sep 2006

Hi RizlaUK!

I need some more details to try out your suggestion

Comment

• RizlaUK
                        Indigo Rose Customer
                        • May 2006

Alex, im sorry but i cant realy help, i got that information from the manual but it looks like the post that Intrigued pointed you to dose the same thing, im not sure how to use it, in fact i would like to know how as i also would like to make a a ppwith the same file structure as you are asking,

PHP Code:
                        --[[ NOTE:  This function only works AFTER you Build (F7the project!

The following function takes one argument (runexe path and name of .exe)...
                             and 
                        returns one string (strPath the path of...

the location of the .exe), NOT the temp ran-from location!
                        ]]

function 
                        fnEXEOrigLoca(runexe)

resFile File.Run(runexe""""SW_SHOWNORMALfalse)

strCWF Folder.GetCurrent()

strPath String.Replace(_CommandLineArgs[1], "SFXSOURCE:"""true)
                                    return 
                        strPath;
                        end

-- An example "function call" (to use the function)
                        fnEXEOrigLoca(_DesktopFolder.."\\app_name.exe")

-- 
                        This Message box can be removed (it's just for visual feedback)
                            Dialog.Message("", strPath) 

Intrigued, correct me if i am wrong, but with this code, strPath is the path to the exe and i would use

eg:
                        PHP Code:
                        Image.Load("Image1" strPath.."\\Images\\myimage.jpg"); 
                        or would i need to use

eg:
                        PHP Code:
                        sPath String.SplitPath(strPath);
                        Image.Load("Image1" sPath.Drive.."\\"..sPath.Folder.."\\Images\\myimage.jpg"); 
                        Last edited by RizlaUK; 01-10-2007, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• RizlaUK
                          Indigo Rose Customer
                          • May 2006

again, the edit button seems to have disapeared, guess my browser has some probs,

ok i got it sussed, just to be clear for alex

put this in global functions
                          function fnEXEOrigLoca(runexe)
                          resFile = File.Run(runexe, "", "", SW_SHOWNORMAL, false)

strCWF = Folder.GetCurrent()
                          strPath = String.Replace(_CommandLineArgs[1], "SFXSOURCE:", "", true)
                          return strPath;
                          end
                          and call your movie files like this
                          fnEXEOrigLoca(_DesktopFolder.."\\app_name.exe")
                          sPath = String.SplitPath(strPath);
                          Video.Load("Video1", sPath.Drive.."\\"..sPath.Folder.."\\Videos\\MyVid. avi", false, false);
                          i take no credit for this code

i didebt think this was possable, im gonner go tidy up my apps now and make them all web exe (i hated having all the files exposed)

Thanks Intrigued for the original post :yes

Comment

• AlexSugar
                            • Sep 2006

RizlaUK & Intrigued, thank you for your support! :yes :yes

Unfortunaly I still can't get it till the end.

RizlaUK, I would like the same script (the last one), but with "File.Open" (to open files with default player of the end user) and everything using "List.Box". I tried that, but nothing happens... :o

Inrigued and RizlaUK, what should I do with the movie files? where should I let them before I burn them (so, that I could check, if that works)?
                            And what about the ready exe file?

In the scripts I saw something about the Desktop folder. What does it mean (for my project)?

----------------------------------------------
                            Between:

My main question of this thread was, if I can set all the needed files to run the exe (images, audios, buttons and plugins...), but without "temping" files on the PC of the end user - just run the EXE direct from the DVD.
                            ----------------------------------------------

THANK YOU FOR HELPING!!! Nice of you =)
                            Last edited by AlexSugar; 01-10-2007, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• RizlaUK
                              Indigo Rose Customer
                              • May 2006

right, to start, i dont know what the _Desktop folder is about Intrigued might be able to give more information on that, and the file.run part caused me a few problems, my app worked anywhere on my pc except for on my desktop, well it worked but it just keeped relaunching its self over and over again, i had to shut down to stop it

i removed the file.run part and it works fine now anywhere on my pc,

i dont think there is anyway of running any app with out it wrighting to the hdd, its just the way windows works

i will be able to make you a demo app in a little while (once i get my kids to bed) but remember with this code the app will not work in preview mode, you have to build it to test,

just to be clear, you want the video folder outside the exe and everything else inside it, the video files to show in a listbox and launch in the default player, this wont be a problem for me to do

THANK YOU FOR HELPING!!! Nice of you =)
                              not a problem, helping you is teaching me so we both get something out of it

Comment

Working...
                              X