• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robroma
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2003

autoplay video for new user

I am trying to create a cd using video clips. I just need to have the clips play when the cd is put into the pc. Is there an easy guide on how to do this?
  • eric_darling
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

Re: autoplay video for new user

No, although it's perhaps a very good idea to create a tutorial on this... Hmmm... Corey - you think I should do that?

The best way is to set a page property for On Show to run the clip.

<IR_ACTIONS_LIST>
    <Action name="Play">
    <Type>47</Type>
    <Function>0</Function>
    <DTIndentLevel>1</DTIndentLevel>
    <Enabled>1</Enabled>
    <ErrorHandling>
    <UserNotificationMode>2</UserNotificationMode>
    <CustomErrorMessage/>
    <OnErrorAction>0</OnErrorAction>
    <JumpToLabel/>
    </ErrorHandling>
    <MediaPlayerObjectName>video</MediaPlayerObjectName>
    </Action>
    </IR_ACTIONS_LIST>
    ----------------------
    You made mention of clips (plural), so I am figuring you have more than one to show successively. If so, you will want to have the Media Player Object handle that.
    Eric Darling
    eThree Media
    http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• Corey
      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
      • Aug 2002

Yeah i could od that but I woulod need to have a more specific mandate. Call me old but when people say, "I am try to create a CD of video clips" I never really understand what the specifics are, there's a trillion ways to interpret that. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If someone wants to make a specific detailed request for a tutorial I will gladly make one though.

Corey Milner
      Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• robroma
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2003

Sorry if I wasn't specific enough. I have a video clip on my hard drive currently in AVI format. I would like to put it onto a CD and have it open a window which then plays the video clip. A small window will due, as long as the 5 minute clip maintains decent quality. All of this using the Autoplay 4.0 software. I don't have the manual with me here at home and would love to figure this out on my morning off tomorrow. I hope this still isn't too vague. Thanks!

Comment

• Corey
          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
          • Aug 2002

Sure that's easy, just make an application the size of your video and then use either the AVI object (should work fine) or the media player object to play it. So if you are using an AVIobject for example make it the size of your page and then set it to load your AVi and you're done. Build it and burn that to a CD and whever someone inserts it it will autoplay your video. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Corey Milner

Comment

• robroma
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2003

Thanks, that seems simple enough. Can you tell me the easiest way to incorporate the object into the project. Sorry for my inexperience, as I said, I'm new to the software and left my manual at the office. Thanks again.

Comment

• Corey
              Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
              • Aug 2002

There is no manual for AMS so whatever you forgot at work must be for some other product. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Our help files are built in, so you have them at your fingertips even as we speak. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

In terms of your question, that is the easiest way.... It's pretty obvious stuff if you just open the app and try to follow along I'm sure you will find it simple and effective.

If you really need step by step instructions to insert a video and you are reluctant to spend the five minutes to try it out just post to the project help forum. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Good luck!!!

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
              X