• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwikk
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2003

Insufficient memory error - on autorun

I created a project. It test fine off of hard drive but when I burn it to a cd, upon autorun it gives me insufficient memory and quits. I have tried it on multiple systems, 2XP's and one 98se and same deal - but it runs fine off of hard drive.

Computer requirements arent a problem (AMDXP2600 333, 1gig pc3200 XMS, ATI 9700 PRO)
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Insufficient memory error - on autorun

Please give some specifics on the project, does it contain any large videos or flash movies with bad functions? Etc...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• kwikk
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2003

It does include one 8mb mpeg video that plays on the initial menu. The project is an menu to install two programs.

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

If you remove the video does the problem persist?

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• DooSHeK
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2003

I have the same problem. I burned my project on cd and when i run it from cd its works fine but when i "Install" it on hdd and want to run it from hdd its giving me the same error. In my project i have a short Flash intro with menu. But there are 2 other .exe's which dont want to run from hdd either. Hardware config: Cel 1,7 96MB Ram but i think that isn't a problem becouse it runs from CD on the same machine. I used AMS 4.0.0.3. Pls I need a fast answer how to fix it, does anybody know?

Comment

• Adam
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • May 2000

I would definitely get the newest version (4.0.0.4) and build your project with that version.

Have you tried this on multiple CDs and multiple machines? There is always the possibility of a bad burn or a pooched (I think that’s a technical term) version of windows.

If there is any way to replicate this I would be more than happy to test it out on our end.

Comment

• madmart
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2003

Had the same problem now fixed. Running win2000 on a new compaq portable that had no updates. Colleagues machines identical physically (Windows2000 updated) worked o.k.
              Ran windows update, problem now gone away. Maybe worth trying that? I will be interested if it works for anyone else as am desperate to begin a rollout.

Regards MadMart

Comment

• DooSHeK
                Forum Member
                • Apr 2003

I solved this too... it had a virus :/

Comment

Working...
                X