• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonoferin
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2003

Sound Problem

I have made a demo CD for my company and it plays great on the computer it was made on and also a couple of others. But it seems to be selective on which computers the sound plays on. Is there a certain Chipset it is not compatible with?
  • Brett
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Jan 2000

Re: Sound Problem

Which sounds are you referring to - the mouse over/click event sounds or the MP3/Video sound? Does the sound work in other applications on the system?

Comment

• sonoferin
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2003

Thanks for the prompt reply. I was refering to the AVI sound. The movie clip plays perfectly but no sound. However the media player playing anything else in another app works fine. All the sounds in windows works fine. Im using XP Pro. SP1

Thanks
      Martin

Comment

• Michael
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2000

Hello.

Without knowing the details on the creation of the AVI, I would suspect that the sound codec used on your first machine is not installed on the other computers you tried. The AVI codec will allow for video playback but not the sound codec unless it's installed.

You can check the mediaplayer's codecs available through properties on the various machines. Otherwise, look at your video editor for it. Using a common audio codec should help.

Good luck,

Comment

Working...
        X