• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eric_darling
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

ACK! Major WMP Error!

Not figuring it would cause me grief, I downloaded and installed the newest (version 9) Windows Media Player on my Windows 2000 Pro authoring computer.

Turns out AMS absolutely HATES it. I get errors at authoring time, and then, when I struggle through and try to build, I get an access violation software crash! This isn't good.

So is IR aware of this problem? If so, when's the patch due out?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Eric Darling
    eThree Media
    http://www.ethreemedia.com
  • Derek
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2001

Re: ACK! Major WMP Error!

hmmm ... I wonder if that's the same problem I reported as a bug yesterday.
    I hadn't considered the WMP upgrade to be part of the problem, I just assumed it was something in 4.0.0.3
    Maybe that IS the problem! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    -
    = Derek
    ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

• _acecombat_
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2002

I have windows media 9 series and have no problem what soever. Have you tried reinstalling ams??? might help! i installed Media Player first so maybee that had something to do with it. Try reinstalling coz maybe WMP installs ova some codec or file ams uses that is not compatible. by the way did u get the windows media player bonus pack??? if not get it it has heaps of cooooool viz and also go to the wmp site to get more vis from wildtangent...they are sweeeeet.

Comment

• Adam
        Indigo Rose Staff Member
        • May 2000

I have tested Windows Media Player 9.0 on a Windows 2000 system with AutoPlay 4.0.0.3 and it works fine for me. I noticed that there are different installs for different OS's such that Windows XP has a different install then Win98/ME/2K. Did you guys upgrade media player from version 8? Which OS's are these problems happening? Solely in windows 2000 or does it also appear in Win98/ME. How about you XP users has anyone else encountered this problem? If so I will need more detail as there is not much that we can do until we can replicate the bug. Please post with as much detail as you see fit, I will post with anything that I find as well.

Comment

• Derek
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • May 2001

Confirmed! It's version 9 - AMS doesnt like it (not on XP, anyway).

WinXP Pro sp1 - WMP version 8.00.00.4487 ... tested with AMS and everything worked ok.

Downloaded MPsetupXP.exe from here and installed it. It gave me no options at all ... it just installed whatever it puts in there.

Checked the version number ... now 9.00.00.2980

Tried again with AMS and got the same problems I reported before. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

This is happening with XP-Pro and XP-Home
          -
          = Derek
          ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

Working...
          X