• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sunflame
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2003

Wav Loop

How do I play a loop all the time without interruption. (It has to keep playing when I go to another page too)

Thanx in advance

Greetz Peter Ruiter
  • Derek
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • May 2001

Re: Wav Loop

Hi - easiest way to do that is to use the MediaPlayer Object to play it. You can adjust the size of it to pretty much hide it.
    Set it to start playing OnShow under the Page settings and set an Action for Mediaplayer.Play under the Objects 'On End of Stream' event so it will play again. Doing it this way, the wav will continue to play when you jump pages and you stand more chance of being able to use event sounds without inerupting the wav file - tho this depends on end user system.
    Yu should consider using mp3 too, because it's easier to manage and file size is smaller.

-
    = Derek
    ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

• rick1
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2002

I have not understand, Im a newbie sorry. Please can Someone providing a step by step simple instruction to build a loop or paste the code here so I will learn? Thanks [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• rick1
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2002

Sorry for the previous post, I have solved now! Thanks

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Sep 2002

If you want to use a MP3 as background music, I have posted a link to a post about how to do this. There is sample code and suggestions on how to implement.

click here
          TJ-Tigger
          "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
          "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
          Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

• rick1
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2002

I am come upon a little problem, I have 2 wavs/mp3 for one song. The first one should start then the second one looping: How is possible to build such code in Flash ( so the loop doesn't jump ).
            In short: I would like to play one track, then the second one should be following without break the listening, looping.
            Thanks

Comment

• Lorne
              Indigo Rose Staff Member
              • Feb 2001

Any reason why you can't just combine the two wavs into one? (Join them to form a single file.)
              --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• rick1
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2002

I can't join the 2 wav, the loop will play bad. The first one should play only at the beginning, the loop is inside the 2°

Comment

• Corey
                  Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                  • Aug 2002

"The loop will play bad"??? Please elaborate. I can certainly help you join these if you like.

Corey Milner
                  Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Lorne
                    Indigo Rose Staff Member
                    • Feb 2001

I think he wants to play the first one, then play the second one, and loop the second one.
                    --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• rick1
                      Forum Member
                      • Oct 2002

"think he wants to play the first one, then play the second one, and loop the second one"
                      yeah, This is correct [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I have already done this in AMS4, but the sound "jump". I have done this with 2 media player objects.
                      In the page proprieties ( on show ) I have set to play the first media player object, then the second will play at the end of stream. I need to build this with flash. Thanks

Comment

• Corey
                        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                        • Aug 2002

Personally, I know of no way to do that seamlessly other than adding the sounds to a flash object.

Corey Milner
                        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
                        X