Could not play MP3. No file has been loaded into the MP3 player.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cwchan
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2003

Could not play MP3. No file has been loaded into the MP3 player.

I am using Windows XP Pro. It had been a while since my last use of Autoplay Media Studio to create autoplay CD. Recently when I insert an autoplay CD which I previously created, the autorun background MP3 cannot be played. The following pop up dialogue box appears:

Could not play MP3.
    No file has been loaded into the MP3 player.

I tried the CD on Windows 98 and the music can be played. So I suspect there's something wrong with the WinXP itself, perhaps the audio codec or something.

Any help would be grateful. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

• Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Could not play MP3. No file has been loaded into the MP3 player.

Do you still have the AMS 3.0 source file for the project?

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• cwchan
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2003

I am using AMS 4.0.0.0. Is it the .am4 file (~50kb)?

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Upgrade to current version 4.0.0.3 by going to HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATE and then try again... Then let us know what happens.

Corey Milner

Comment

• cwchan
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2003

I upgraded AMS to 4.0.0.3 and the problem still remains. However, I found out that if I copy the "autorun.exe" and all related files (e.g. MP3, Data folder, autorun.apm) to my hard disk, and run the "autorun.exe" from the hard disk, surprisingly, the background music can be played.

I tried inserting the CD and double-click on the "autorun.exe" of the CD, and the error message appeared.

So basically:
          Play from CDROM drive -- NO.
          Play from hard disk drive -- Yes.

Wondering how to solve this problem.

(p/s: There is no problem playing any .mp3 files either from CDROM or hard disk)

Comment

• Brett
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • Jan 2000

Try re-buring the CD. It may be that your XP system is not reading the CD properly. If it works off of the HD on the same system it is most probably the CD media itself.

Comment

• cwchan
              Forum Member
              • Jan 2003

The CD probably working fine, since I compiled and burned it using Windows XP and had been tested on it once I finished burning. It works just fine on Windows XP at that time.

Now, since WinXP has problems and I have dual OS on my machine, so I use the second OS -- Win98 to try out the CD (using the same CDROM drive, of course) and it's working perfectly. Certainly it's not due to the CD scratching or poor CDROM drive problem.

Probably something wrong with the WinXP configuration after long period of usage. I used to play around with the audio codecs so I am wondering which audio codec AMS uses whenever it play MP3. Maybe I accidentally deleted it.

Also, it said "No file has been loaded into the MP3 player". I wonder which MP3 player it refers to.

Comment

• Brett
                Indigo Rose Staff Member
                • Jan 2000

AMS40 uses its own internal, independent MP3 player so it has nothing to do with codecs or anything like that. If the file can't be loaded it is a pathing issue. I am not sure what else to suggest. I would reccomend trying your CD on another XP system before going too much further. It is possible that it is something specific to your configuration. Window is a strange beast that is not easily tamed... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• cwchan
                  Forum Member
                  • Jan 2003

This morning I inserted my CD back to WinXP again, and voila, it works like a charm. If you asking me how I solved this, I myself also not sure.

But here's what I installed before this:
                  1. I thought maybe my WinXP had messed up so I installed Tweak-XP Pro trail version from http://www.totalidea.de to optimize the O.S. and clean up some registries.

2. Just for fun, I installed Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP (full install) for recent installed Windows Media Player 9.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Comment

• Corey
                    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                    • Aug 2002

Glad you got what you needed...

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
                    X