• Show
Clear All
  • hrvoje1
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2002

Frame around media player object?

In Photoshop I make frame for my media player object but
    when I put it on the page with object the object is on top
    of the frame.How can I do that picture put on the top?
    Can I do that?
  • eric_darling
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2002

Re: Frame around media player object?

No, the media player object must be on top.

You can put a frame around the player object by figuring the size of your media player object (screen capture utility like SnagIt works great for this), then create a Photoshop file slightly larger that those dimensions in Photoshop, draw your border and import it back into AMS, then place the media player object on top.
    Eric Darling
    eThree Media
    http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• Corey
      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
      • Aug 2002

Yeah, CTRL + PRINT SCREEN works too, you get a 32 bit screen cap, then just CTRL + V in photoshop and you're on your way...

Corey Milner
      Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• eric_darling
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2002

Where does that screen cap get saved? Certainly not in the clipboard? Just curious.
        Eric Darling
        eThree Media

Comment

• Corey
          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
          • Aug 2002

Yeah I'm pretty dang sure it does but I'm no windows expert, so... But I've been using that technique several times per day for many years... Works good...

But for example in the context described above I wouldn't. I'd just pop open Photoshop, press "M" to activate the marquee tool, and then use the fixed size option to create a selection the size of my video, i.e. 320 X 240. Then I would fill that with black and set it to be the uppermost layer of my file and simply design the "frame" or GUI beneath that. Very easy technique, works good without disrupting your flow of right brain ideas. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That's the method I used to create all the video templates in AMS, i.e. the "boombox" thingy which has a little video frame...

For advanced screencapping (haven't needed it for years) i used to use AIM keys, superb proggy, it captures EVERYTHING including your cursor, etc. Then I use camtasia for motion capture.

All that being said snag-it is a good product too. The new techsmith studio suite combines all their stuff into a single production suite app. (they ripped off roxios GUI big time but that's OK, I'd rather have a good stolen GUI than a crappy in-house one. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

Corey Milner
          Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Lorne
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • Feb 2001

Yes, Ctrl-PrintScreen, Alt-PrintScreen, and PrintScreen all store the image in the clipboard. If they didn't, pressing Ctrl-V ("Paste") wouldn't do much. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Snag-It has a nice ability to take a screenshot of the full contents of a window with a scroll bar...i.e. it will scroll the window for you and create one long image as tall as the whole web page (or whatever).

There's also T.N.T., which has a somewhat more modern interface but which lacks a couple of Snag-It's more advanced features. T.N.T. happens to have a pretty nice help file, btw.
            --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• eric_darling
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Jun 2002

I also like Snag-It's pixel size notification feature. As you drag the crosshairs, it updates in real-time what your exact pixel measurements are. Very handy.
              Eric Darling
              eThree Media

Comment

Working...
              X