• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • isimons
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2003

transparent background for text box

I usually use Macromedia Director for CDROM projects but I am seriously considering switching to Autoplay for most if not all of these projects. The problem I am having is making a text object with a transparent background with a scroll bar. The text box object works great for scrolling the text but you can not set the background as transparent, like wise the text object has a transparent background but it will not add a scroll bar. There must some way of doing this.

Many thanks in advance and Happy New Year all!!
  • AGRO
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2000

Re: transparent background for text box

I think one way to obtain a transparent background for a text scroller is to import a flash .swf. I have done this in the past and it has worked fine. I even have the .swf load a text file externally from a .txt on my website that I can change any time. That way if something on your end changed like prices, phone numbers or anything at all then the person who has the AMS4 project is also updated.

Just a thought...

Comment

• isimons
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2003

Re: transparent background for text box

I thought that was only possible using flash 6 and have IE as the background. You are saying that I can make a swf and export it with transprent backgroung into Autoplay?.

Sounds good if so but there must be a way of doing this in Autoplay surely!!

Many thanks for the reply. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X