• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sandra
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2002

Compressing wavs in Autoplay 4.0

I have run out of space due to my wav files in the educational CDROM that I am creating. This is my first attempt at this sort of thing and would appreciate some advice about the compressing the wavs. The wavs would need to open up automatically when the user plays the CD. Is it possible to reduce the space they take up or do I need to do some editing?
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Compressing wavs in Autoplay 4.0

Yes you can defintely help this. MP3 is the way to go, wavs are too big. MP3 will give you, ostensibly, the same quality level at only a fraction of the file size. There are tons of conversion utilities out there. Sound Forge works best if you have it, if not do a search at Google.com for "freeware MP3 converter" and I bet you'll find tons...

Using decent quality MP3 you can get over 7 hours of music on a normal CD, and AutoPlay has tons of actions for controlling and using MP3s, look in the actions editor in the "MP3" folder...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Lorne
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Feb 2001

Re: Compressing wavs in Autoplay 4.0

The best freeware encoder is LAME. There are countless front ends for it if you need a GUI, too. I usually just use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) as a front end, although EAC is designed for ripping CD audio tracks.

--[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Working...
      X