• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chaotic_angel
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2002

How to change the autorun.exe

I was wondering how to change the information in the autorun.exe to display information other than the defaut. Like company , author, version etc etc

Thanks for the help
  • AGRO
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2000

Re: How to change the autorun.exe

Comment

• Brett
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Jan 2000

Actually, you are not supposed to be hacking these resources. The autoplay application's runtime file is owned and copyrighted by Indigo Rose Corporation. You are paying to license the runtime, not to own it. Therefore changing the resource information could be considered a license agreement violation.

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

I didn't know that, but it makes sense. Well you know what guys? Normally I'm the first to rebel against restrictions but I've got to tell you, we're a small team of very, very deicated developers who work our spines to the bone to get this stuff out to you, so it's not like we're some Draconian corporation come to blight your countryside or anything.

Anyone who knows us knows, we do our very best and try to never restrict you guys to anything, but legal-ese is legal-ese and I guess at some point there has to be a line in the sand for better or worse.

So please consider our reasoning behind this when you assess whether or not to comply.

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Option_Explicit
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2002

You mean "Indigo Rose Corporation" is not the next Microsoft?

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

Not at all, I've never seen a more progressive corporate theory in practice than Indigo Rose. It's like IKEA or something...

On the other hand Microsoft, for all it's evil, is one **** of a company, no one can argue that. I've made lot of money with my little windows box here so I can't be 100% disparaging about them.

Corey Milner
            Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
            X