• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lorinluv
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2002

powerpoint in kiosk mode

im making a multimedia photo album, and using powerpoints slideshow and embedding it, however i want it to open up in kiosk mode and i didnt put action buttons on each page (its 300 pages) and i cant navigate through the slides manually unless i go through and insert buttons on each page, any suggestions?

thanks
    lori
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: powerpoint in kiosk mode

You should create a single page with the navigation and then go through all 300 pages and set their page properties to inherit from that parent page withthe navigation on it.

It'll take a minute but from then on you'll be able to add and edit global stuff for all 300 pages simply by editing that single page.

This is why I ALWAYS reccomend to people that no matter what, you should always use inheritance for big projects, even if you think that you won't need it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• lorinluv
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2002

ok, color me bewildered, but i dont know how to set the page properties to inherit from that parent page, do i have to set the page as *parent page*? and i dont see an option anywhere to edit page properties......sorry if this has an obvious answer...*pout*

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

No problem, the obvious ones are our favorites. Just do this:

1. Create a new page which contains your navigation and any other universal elements you may have, name it "parent".
        2. Once that's done select one of your existing pages so that it's the active page.
        3. Then activate your page properties dialog by either;
        a) Going to PAGE >>> PROPERTIES at the top of your screen.
        b) By pressing the hot key combo CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER.
        c) By double click your page (not on an object though)
        4. Now you should see an area marked "Background Type" under the main Background Tab in the resulting window with a sub-area pull down menu under it named "Type". Yours probably says "Solid". Well use this pull down menu to select "Inherit from parent page" and then a new pull down will appear, simply select your parent page from that new pull down and you're done.

Then all you have to do is repeat it 299 times. Hope the coffee's hot. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Best of luck...

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• lorinluv
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2002

ok, now i know where i got lost, im still in powerpoint formatting the slideshow that im going to have launched through apms, gosh, i thought i was going insane.......so, hate to back up here, but im assuming (never smart, but oh well) that i cant edit the slideshow (powerpoint file) from apms, which backs me up to my original question...LOL....only from the viewpoint of powerpoint and not apms......

Comment

Working...
          X