Need Help Submitting variables to DB online...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marc3515
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2002

Need Help Submitting variables to DB online...

I made an Assessment using AMS and I am now trying to transfer results to a database online....I am using an ASP file to handle the variables....I created a form(just for testing purposes)...it works fine....But when I try to POST the resulting info from AMS I am getting an Error saying that AMS cannot parse the XML body....I have tried it two ways using the Submit to internet action and loading the ASP file into a page in the AMS Application....both were tried after getting the values from the registry....what am I doing wrong? Thx for any assistance in this matter....
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Need Help Submitting variables to DB online...

Never heard of that one, if the form works fine then so should the submit to web action. Works fine over here... Maybe someone else has seen this before.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• marc3515
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2002

Appreciate the quick Reply anyway...hopefully someone has seen this...I'm probably just missing something simple

Comment

• marc3515
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2002

ok...I figured one part out. I was attempting to add multiple values using one Submit action....tried it with one value and info was added succesfully. Now my new question....is it possible to add multiple values with one submit action? Or do I need to have a separate action for each and every value being added to the database?

Comment

• Corey
          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
          • Aug 2002

I'm a PHP guy, I have no knowledge at all of ASP... I would assume so though, it's certainly simple enough with PHP...

Corey Milner
          Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• Brett
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • Jan 2000

The reason that you would get the parsing XML error is because your Web script is not returning the data in the format that AMS40 expects. Read the Help topic about the Internet - Submit to Web action. It will explain. You can always use the Use variable option if you just want to get back the raw return from the ASP page. There should not be any real problems submitting more than one variable, however.

Comment

Working...
            X