• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • critter
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2005

Adding Dialog Input to Constant

I am using the Registry.SetValue action to set email account values in Outlook Express and want to streamline the amount of data a user will have to enter. I have Dialog boxes that ask for Name (Joe Smith) and also email User Name (joe123).
    I want to be able to have the User Name input data, that a user would input, placed along with @abcnet.com to create [email protected].
    I can't seem to place the input data along with and side by side with a constant string.
  • longedge
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2003

Hello,

All you need to do is concatenate the user input with your constant e.g.

Code:
    result = Dialog.Input("Enter Data", "Your user name:", "", MB_ICONQUESTION);
    str_email = result.."@abcnet.com"

Comment

• critter
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2005

Thanks again!!! As I've said before, it's always something simple.

One other thing related to Dialog boxes. I have 3 seperate dialog boxes that open up one after the other, 2 asking for the user to input data (see above) the third is a notice message. If the first one is cancelled or closed, I do not want the subsequent boxes to open. Or if the 2nd is cancelled or closed, the third should not open. I've played around with the StatusDlg.IsCancelled function but have not had any success. I'm sure it's something simple!

Comment

• longedge
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by critter
        Thanks again!!! As I've said before, it's always something simple.

One other thing related to Dialog boxes. I have 3 seperate dialog boxes that open up one after the other, 2 asking for the user to input data (see above) the third is a notice message. If the first one is cancelled or closed, I do not want the subsequent boxes to open. Or if the 2nd is cancelled or closed, the third should not open. I've played around with the StatusDlg.IsCancelled function but have not had any success. I'm sure it's something simple!
        Off the top of my head I think I'd probably approach this by nesting the the dialogues in a set of if/then statements. Use a variable set by the previous dialogue to test whether to run the next.

Comment

• TheSpy
          • Apr 2006

Code:
          strDial = Dialog.Message(\\\"Notice\\\", \\\"Nothing\\\", MB_OKCANCEL, MB_ICONNONE, MB_DEFBUTTON1);
          -- make sure that cancel was not pressed
          if strDial ~= \\\"CANCEL\\\" then
          	strDial = Dialog.Message(\\\"Notice\\\", \\\"Nothing again\\\", MB_OKCANCEL, MB_ICONNONE, MB_DEFBUTTON1);
          	-- make sure that cancel was not pressed (again)
          	if strDial ~= \\\"CANCEL\\\" then
          		Dialog.Message(\\\"Notice\\\", \\\"Nothing again and again\\\", MB_OKCANCEL, MB_ICONNONE, MB_DEFBUTTON1);
          	end
          end
          I hope that it\'s same in AMS5 as in AMS6

EDIT: Oops, wha\'ts with the slashes???
          Last edited by TheSpy; 05-17-2006, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X