• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alanollz
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2002

Web Object

Is there anyway to close the whole autoplay program, from within the Web Object?? like calling an action from inside the object from the webpage displayed.

Or is there any way to script it, like when teh status text says closing, to have Autoplay recognize this and close only when that text is displayed??

(i'm making an autorun to autorun a webpage, so the webpage is the autorun, just need a exe to run it)
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Web Object

Sure that's simple as pie, I've attached a demo file you can use as a model... Let me know if you have any more questions.

<<<< See Attached

14665-close app.zip

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• yosik
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jun 2002

Corey,
      NICE!!
      from the attached file, I see that you have an "extra" string aded to the url, preceded by a ?
      Is it a standard way to pass a string value from a web page?

Thanks
      Yossi

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

That's called "sending variables via the GET method". When you use POST the variables are not visible as they get passed from page to page but if you use GET, i.e. in the URL, they are... Anything visible is parsable, ergo the solution...

Check out http://www.liquidcabaret.com to see GET in full action, i.e. try adding a few CDs to your cart and just keep watching the URL change as you surf around adding stuff to your cart. Notice that the URL carries your complete order info with you as you move around. That's why our cart works on any browser, through any firewall, and without any cookies...

That's the power of GET and definitely the very best way to make your web objects fully interactive with all your other objects. Best of all, it's simple, works with pure HTML and is recursive,( i.e. you don't need to add "extra" pages or code)...

*NOTE* GET is obviously not secure, never send secure info using GET, that's what POST is for. GET is best used for passing info which has no security risk attached to it such as page commands and order details.

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• MontyJ
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2003

I checked the attachment out and this is what I've been looking for...........but I'm not exactly sure on how to implement it into my project. I tried pasting the code into my web page but it didn't work properly.

My project is simply one web page (web object) that is linked to another web page and it's on the second page that I want the close button. When I pasted your code in, it just closed the page and not the application.

Please help

MontyJ

Comment

Working...
          X