• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2000

Submit to Web - POST and HEAD Issue

Hello.

Trying to work through the following regarding our web connectivity using AMS:

I recently found that AutoPlay's SubmitToWeb is sending two message to the website. First, a HEAD message and then either a POST or GET, whichever is selected. I'm finding that one server I'm using is blocking the HEAD message.

Evidently there is a program installed on the server that is preventing or blocking HEAD requests. I understand this is done because HEAD requests can also be used by programs designed to "kill" a web server.

On another server, as a test, I am seeing two entries in the database. A HEAD request is being processed but it doesn't have any information attached to it so it creates a blank record in our database. This is immediately followed by the POST or GET message with the data.

I working with the server admins to allow HEAD requests for our site, but wondering if there is a remedy for this on the AMS side. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: Submit to Web - POST and HEAD Issue

When you try to submit data by POST and/or GET to your site via an ordinary http web form what happens?

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
    X