• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mczajka
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2000

APMS 4 and Windows 2000 running under Virtual PC on Mac

I gave a CD out at a conference I was speaking at over the weekend. One of the attendees tried to load my CD on a Mac running Virtual PC 5 and Windows 2000. He got the following error:

Access Violation at 0x77FCB375 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFF8), program terminated.

Any ideas? I had no OS restrictions set on this CD.
  • antjedi
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Oct 2002

Re: APMS 4 and Windows 2000 running under Virtual PC on Mac

OOH! OOH! *Raises hand and wave in air*

I had that same problem myself! Except it was on a real Win98 box, but when the program was running from a network drive! It happened each time i tried to do a file copy...

Now to mention it, i get a similar/same error in XP when the studio app is running and i try to scan a file in Acrobat--every time it starts scanning a page i get that error, and also something similar to "this program is busy, click switch to go to the program, or hit retry to retry the action, or a cancel" hitting switch just opens the start menu, hitting retry just bring the box up again, and cancel does nothing. The program continues fine after the error, and i notice nothing else...except that i have to close the access violation error dialogs before continuing....

see http://www.indigorose.com/ubbthreads...o=0&fpart= for my post on the access violation error when copying...

Comment

• antjedi
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Oct 2002

oh, and as for your post, I'll try out my autoplay app at home on my mac VPC running 98 to see if it works ok for me....I'll let you know, but it may not be until after thanksgiving break (I'll try and reply, but it may not be until 12/3/02...)

Comment

• mczajka
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2000

thanks! not sure if the user waited long enough or if this is an issue with Virtual PC

Comment

Working...
        X