PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question

Bundle
09-24-2005, 07:13 PM
Sorry to ask this as I'm sure it's an easy one for the more exerianced members.
I am trying this software out and all seems to go well but what I want to do is have a dialog box pop up when an operation has finished maybe to even say "Finished" how would I write this?

Corey
09-24-2005, 07:17 PM
Hi. Check out these examples in the help file for the Dialog.Message action:
http://www.indigorose.com/webhelp/ams60/Program_Reference/Actions/Dialog.Message_Examples.htm

:)

Bundle
09-24-2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks Corey! If I get those training CD's will they go over this stuff?

Corey
09-24-2005, 08:22 PM
Yes, we use message dialogs in there to track various things. Best is to check out the free sample videos first, that'll give you a good idea of what they contain. Here's a few free samples:

http://speedytraining.com/site/cd3.php

:)

csd214
09-25-2005, 01:07 AM
And give Dialog.TimedMessage() a try; a nice feature.

If you have ordered the training CD’s you have something to look forward to. :yes I miss those early mornings when I worked through the CD’s. The rest of the family still sleeping; a nice cup of coffee and Corey on the ear. I had to use my earphones otherwise the dogs wanted to take part in the conversation.

TJ_Tigger
09-25-2005, 11:00 AM
And give Dialog.TimedMessage() a try; a nice feature.

If you have ordered the training CD’s you have something to look forward to. :yes I miss those early mornings when I worked through the CD’s. The rest of the family still sleeping; a nice cup of coffee and Corey on the ear. I had to use my earphones otherwise the dogs wanted to take part in the conversation.

Or even Dialog.Message("title", "body");. I use that one all the time to test my stuff.

Tigg

csd214
09-25-2005, 11:15 AM
Or even Dialog.Message("title", "body");. I use that one all the time to test my stuff.
You are not the only one! (Dialog.Message is “the only” action I can use without the Action Wizard; no, the Debug options too!). Corey told about the API MsgBox; I just wanted to add the timed version as suitable for “a dialog box pop up when an operation has finished”.

BTW; I really hope your Code Viewer is going to reappear from the ashes! :lol

TJ_Tigger
09-25-2005, 11:26 AM
BTW; I really hope your Code Viewer is going to reappear from the ashes! :lol

I posted it to the example forums yesterday. Hopefully it will appear early next week. I have not done anyting extra to it, but I did post the project file and a built file for those who may not have AMS6 to build their own. I will probably post the XML parser as well. I need to revisit he code and make sure that it is commented to some extent so it can be posted as a sample project.

Tigg