Ok, best way to simulate INTRO video, Full screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Sloppy
    Forum Member
    • May 2001

Ok, best way to simulate INTRO video, Full screen?

They took out the intro video tab, well, anyway, whats the best way now to simulate that doing a full screen intro video, but not a full screen menu???
  • JBQuinn
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2001

Re: Ok, best way to simulate INTRO video, Full screen?

Joe - I too want to hear this answer. I was a little surprised when I saw that this function wasn't carried over into Version 4 . . . and my customers were used to seeing something on that order on CD startup. Well, I had to make do with an opening video with a page jump action on video close to the main menu. As it turned out, it wasn't too bad. If we can't use the full-page intro anymore, we can't use it but I did wonder about the reason for taking it out.

Comment

• Corey
      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
      • Aug 2002

It's easy.

On page 1 place a media player object, set it to play your file. On the page "On Show" put a MEDIA PLAYER OBJECT > SET FULL SCREEN action for your media player object and set it to TRUE.

Then double click your media player object and add an action to "On End of Stream" to do a PAGE > JUMP to page 2...

Corey Milner
      Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• JBQuinn
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2001

Colin -

Finally had a chance to implement your suggestion. Yeah, it works but . . . nowhere near what I expected. Making the media player object play full screen pixelates the movie way too much. Can't find any other objects that I can set to full screen to have "behind" the playing movie. Any other suggestions?

Comment

• Corey
          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
          • Aug 2002

Actually it's Corey not Colin...

Well it certainly doesn't pixelate it any worse than it used to. Your problem is not with AMS buit rather with the quality of your video.

It matters not how you get your video to go full screen, the new way or the old way, pixelation due to resizing will be exactly identical. So whatever problems you used to have still exist in that regard.

If you're trying to make your small videos go full screen without pixelatiing that's not possible, so I have no other suggestions... I never serve dynamically resized video from any project, AMS or otherwise, as I feel it's a sketchy practice in terms of end performance and reliability, and I try not to add intangibles to my projects...

Corey Milner

Comment

• JBQuinn
            Forum Member
            • Jun 2001

Corey (Sorry, I was thinking of someone at work) -

Hmm. Then how can I replicate the properties of the old intro video? I thought that in AMS 3, the old intro screen played the avi at regular size and just overlayed it on top of a specified background color. There were settings for normal, zoom, full-screen, etc. I just pulled up an old project in AMS 3 and looked at how the intro video ran (substituted same video as in my newer AMS 4 project) and there was no pixellation.

Comment

• Corey
              Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
              • Aug 2002

Sure that's easy. Create an AMS application for your video, set the project settings to fullscreen no title bar. Set you media player object in the center, set it to not show controls and don't set it to full screen.

So that's the video done, now to jump to your app.

Couple options here. Double click the media player object and select "On End of Stream". Here you can do a couple of things. If your main project is also fullscreen just add a page jump to your next page and you're done. If it isn't just use a file execute to execute your main application an application exit to close the vid intro app.

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
              X