Open avi with realone player don't open...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Sloppy
    Forum Member
    • May 2001

Open avi with realone player don't open...

Hello,

I dont use the WinMP because I updated it to 9 beta and now all it does is crash on my system, anyways, I am using the realone player now, and notice that when I build a project with a link to file.open an avi file and play it, (now they have the realone association with them) I get an error saying no program associated with ext. but I have check both realone settings and file types settings and both have avi open with realone player, anyone else?
  • Lorne
    Indigo Rose Staff Member
    • Feb 2001

Re: Open avi with realone player don't open...

Sounds like your file associations are borked. Check them again.

For what it's worth, I've found earlier versions of the real player to make a real mess of file associations and be remarkably crash-happy. I've never bothered even trying the realone player, though.
    --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• Corey
      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
      • Aug 2002

Lorne, realone player sucks. The old player was better and more stable from what my eyes have seen. The new one is constantly messing things up and keeps re-activating it's updater (TKBell.exe) regardless of user settings... It's a real piece of crap, truly worthless technology...

You can use freeware viewers such as irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com) to view .avis without crashing things if you don't want to re-install your old MP...

Corey Milner
      Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• eric_darling
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2002

realone player sucks.
        I'll second that emotion. RealNetworks took a bad technology and actually made it worse. Avoid the RealOne player.
        Eric Darling
        eThree Media
        http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X