• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deafo
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2002

To play mpeg movie clips

I cannot find any solutions in the posts here so here's my question (sorry it's the second one straight) I'm doing my dolphin project and am trying to have button jump to a mpeg movie clip, it works but all I can see is black scene with sound. So I kinda know you gotta have movie player codec in somewhere but what can I put in my project and how and where to be able to see the video clip? Also for flash movie as well, thank you
  • deafo
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2002

Re: To play mpeg movie clips

Sorry, it's DivX 5 format so where can I get the codec from and where can I put it in like in "Resources" folder? thanx

Comment

• eric_darling
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jun 2002

where can I get the codec from and where can I put it in like in "Resources" folder?
      You can''t. To have a proprietary codec like DivX play on your computer, you need to actually INSTALL the codec on the computer. This means you can't just dump a magic file or group of files into the distribution or resources folder and expect it to handle proprietary codecs.
      Eric Darling
      eThree Media
      http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• deafo
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2002

thanx for reply but you must've misunderstood my question. I do have DivX codec in my computer and be able to see their video clips format but cannot see it in "preview" in AMS so is there somewhere I have to put DivX codec in so I can be able to see the video clip in preview? thank you

Comment

• Derek
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • May 2001

Hi - if DivX codec is installed on your computer, it should work with preview and build. If it is not, something else is not working properly.
          You also have to remember [which I think Eric was saying] that the user must have the codec installed too. So don't expect it to play on another computer unless they have the codec installed. You cant just include the files in %SrcDir% and it'll work
          -
          = Derek
          ["All glory comes from daring to begin" - fortune cookie]

Comment

• deafo
            Forum Member
            • Sep 2002

thanx for advice derek and by the way is the any chance of answering my other post about having a click on the button lead to the folder of pics? thanx

Comment

Working...
            X