• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alimbagirl
    Forum Member
    • May 2005

Protection for DVD

I have developed a large file that will be distributed as an auto-run DVD for training. I need to find a way to protect all of the files. How can I do this? I tried saving it as a exe and the DVD takes way too long to load.

Is there software I can purchase to protect the DVD?

And how can I prevent the DVD from being copied?

I do not want to use the zip file either, because I really don't know how to do it that way. And I don't want to have to go in and change every path for the links. This project is 1.5 G already so it would be way too much to change.
  • AXXESS
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2001

Copy protection is usually a feature that is added by the disc replicator (large quantities) ... Macrovision a big name in copy protection. However, a couple problems with this:

1) It costs more per disc to do so.

2) No matter what copy protection you add, it can be broken if someone wants it bad enough.

Comment

• Corey
      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
      • Aug 2002

Hi. I'm not sure about the protection, there are definitely a few tools which can "wrap" resources/executables, I just don't have any experience with them. But as for the copying I don't think there's any way to 100% protect DVDs against copying, although some tools may prevent some casual copying... Not much help I know but I thought I'd offer what little I know.

This thread may have something related of value:

Comment

• alimbagirl
        Forum Member
        • May 2005

Thanks

I am going to look into Macrovision.

Comment

• Corey
          Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
          • Aug 2002

Let us know how it works! :yes