• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Santiago
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2005

mouse overs

Hello,
    In previous version 4.0 we could add a hotspot and select "on mouse over" as action. With this effect I used to see the mask bellow the main window. Where is the "on mouse over" action in version 5?
    Thank you in advance,
    Santiago
  • longedge
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2003

Hello,

The hot spot object equivalent of mouse over is "On Enter", one of the 3 events for this object the other 2 being "On Click" and "On Leave".

Comment

• Santiago
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2005

Thanks Iongedge. In any case I did not express precisely the problem (my poor english...sorry). What I tried to say is that I can not use the setting "Show mouse over pane" & "Show mouse down pane" in the hotspot properties. I just have discovered that version 5 does not support this.

If you type "mouse over pane" in the help search you get:
      Hotspot Object
      The Show Mouse Over pane and Show Mouse Down pane options will not be converted into AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0 because pages in AutoPlay 5.0 no longer support these states.

What a pity! because this was a nice effect in the previous versions.

Thaks a lot Iongedge for your comment!
      Santiago

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Hi. The entire application core was redesigned for version 5.0. That was one feature which didn't makes the cut because of the new design strategy, however the amount of new features in version 5.0 more than make up for it. The difference between 4.0 and 5.0 is quite large, and there's literally thousands of things you can do with 5.0 which were not possible in 4.0.

AutoPlay Media Studio 5.0 Free Trial Download

Comment

• longedge
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Aug 2003

Just fired up AMS4 -there was a time when I was so comfortable with it that I nearly didn't upgrade (Edit - I am of course more than happy that I did :yes :yes ) . This was one of the features that I never used but my first thought was that you could probably re-create the effect using 1 or maybe 2 image objects set to not visible initially and just showing them when you mouse over or click your hotspot. Just a thought anyway
          Last edited by longedge; 08-01-2005, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Santiago
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2005

Thank you Iongedge, your trick could help me .
            Corey, I have no doubt about the greater potential of AMS5, I really love it. Thanks a lot.
            Santiago

Comment

Working...
            X