• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJ_Tigger
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Sep 2002

Problem with AutoPlay and Win 2k

I know this is probably a quick fix, but I have created a test CD to see about distibuting PDFs, web pages and viewing software.

I put the test together and burned to CD. It works on my machine but not on any of the Win 2k machines. When I browse the CD it seems to be in the 8.3 naming format. With this it appears not to want to find the files as is obvious since the pointers are not valid anymore.

Is there a fix to this? What have I done wrong.

BTW It works on XP just fine.

EDIT
    OK, so it is all systems that are having the problem. I have some web pages and when they copied over, the names changed on the CD to the 8.3 naming scheme. Others changed as well, like index.html changed to index~
    TJ-Tigger
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
    Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine
  • cchian
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2001

Re: Problem with AutoPlay and Win 2k

If the files are OK in your distribution folder, then the problem is in how you burn the CD. Looks like some of your files are not 8.3 compliant, this is not a problem as long as you set the correct settings for your burning software. What software are you using to burn the CD?

Comment

• TJ_Tigger
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Sep 2002

Re: Problem with AutoPlay and Win 2k

I figured it out. The project settings in trying to create an Enhanced CD (music and Data) was set to 8.3 by default. It works when I change it to support long file names.

Thanks
      TJ-Tigger
      "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
      "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
      Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

Working...
      X