• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peter2003
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2005

Problem while downlodading with FTP

I have a problem. The program that is attached gets the neme of the file from an input. The only proble is that altho I am connected to the FTP, and the file is there, The program gives me the eror that the file wasn't found and it dosn't delete download anything. Could you help me with this?
    U can us the ftp server already provided and for the file name just tipe 1 in the input object.
    Attached Files
  • Worm
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

Try this code in your button instead
    Code:
    result = Dialog.Message("Notice", "This can take a while.", MB_OK, MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_DEFBUTTON1);
    FTP.Connect("ftp.costi.idilis.ro", "costi", "333333", "", true);
    FTP.SetControlPort(21);
    serial = Input.GetText("Input1");
    serialx= serial..".rar"
    conectare = FTP.IsConnected();
    if conectare == true then
    	FTP.Download(serialx, "C:\\1.rar");
    	err = Application.GetLastError();
    	if err ~= FTP.OK then
    		Dialog.Message("Error", "There was a problem downloading the file.");
    	else
    		FTP.Delete(serialx);
    		err = Application.GetLastError();
    		if err ~= FTP.OK then
    			Dialog.Message("Error", "There was an error deleting the file from the FTP Server.");
    		else
    			Dialog.Message("Complete","The file was successfully downloaded and removed from the FTP Server");
    		end
    	end
    else 
    	result = Dialog.Message("Notice", "Can't connect to FTP server.", MB_OK, MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_DEFBUTTON1);
    end
    Originally posted by peter2003
    I have a problem. The program that is attached gets the neme of the file from an input. The only proble is that altho I am connected to the FTP, and the file is there, The program gives me the eror that the file wasn't found and it dosn't delete download anything. Could you help me with this?
    U can us the ftp server already provided and for the file name just tipe 1 in the input object.

Comment

• peter2003
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2005

Dosn't Work

It stil dosn't work. I still get the eror. The only problem is that I don't get The eror that you enterd in the program. I get the thing from Windows XP with Sent or dont't send button. What can be the problem? Can it be from the server?

Comment

• Worm
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jul 2002

My guess is that you're having issues with the built in Firewall in XP.

Originally posted by peter2003
        It stil dosn't work. I still get the eror. The only problem is that I don't get The eror that you enterd in the program. I get the thing from Windows XP with Sent or dont't send button. What can be the problem? Can it be from the server?

Comment

• peter2003
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2005

The only firewall that I have

The only firewall that I have are from BitDefender 8 and Zone alarm. I don't have installed the Windows SP2 Firewall.

Comment

• Worm
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Jul 2002

Hmmmm, maybe you should uninstall the FTP Plugin and reinstall it. Sounds to me like there is something wrong there. I was able to use the existing code to download the rar file. Nice SWF by the way

Comment

• peter2003
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2005

ok

Other ideas? I'll try it again, and again, and again...but no luck.
              P.S. 10x. Didn't knew you like it.

Comment

Working...
              X