• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DanceParty
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2002

File Structures

Im sorry Im such a pain. I am really confused about the file structure. I am trying to put an MP3 in my project. I copied it to the Audio folder within Resources. When I try to put the path in the play command I hit the explore button. The explorer opens and only the Distribution folder is there. The resources folder is on the same level within my project but I cant chose my mp3. How do I link this? What do the folders do? Where should my images/video/audio really be?

Sorry again,

PS Yes I am getting out of this field, Im just here to pay for my second Bachelors and Med School [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
  • John-oh
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2000

Re: File Structures

Yes, I've noticed this as well. Under AMS3.0 the MP3 files got sucked into the data folder, renamed and were not so obvious to casual CD browsers. Under AMS4.0 they seem to need to be in distribution.

Or maybe I'm confused. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

• Lorne
      Indigo Rose Staff Member
      • Feb 2001

Have you read through chapter 5 in the User's Guide?
      --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

• DanceParty
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2002

Ill have to thanks!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

• John-oh
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jun 2000

I understand (I think) what is says in Chapter 5, but when I select Actions MP3 - Load, I can only access the distribution folder - the external 'tick' is ticked and greyed out. Same with AVI & Wav. However when I access sound tab on, say, hotspot or text for mouse over, I can access my full disc, and I have the copy to resources folder tick available.

I'll have to print out the helpfile and study ..now, if we had a PDF version ... mumble, mumble, mumble ....

Comment

• Lorne
            Indigo Rose Staff Member
            • Feb 2001

Actions only work with external files.

You might note that in the help topic for the "MP3 - Load" action, it states that the External reference option is always enabled.

I believe this was necessary for technical reasons. Ask Brett if you really want to know why. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

• John-oh
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • Jun 2000

Right ... So, just to get this into my thick skull ..
              If I want to hide the MP3 file (for example) in the Data folder (an Internal file ?). I would need to insert Media Player, and that will let me search for any file on my system ? And then that will be copied into Data, renamed etc on Build ?

Comment

• Lorne
                Indigo Rose Staff Member
                • Feb 2001

If you just want to hide the file, why not just put it in the DATA folder (or any other folder for that matter) yourself, and rename it by hand?

Call it something like sneaky_bastard.iam and load that into the MP3 player. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It should still work if you don't change the contents of the file.

The point of the DATA folder isn't so much to hide things from the user for security reasons, but rather to achieve some amount of neatness. The files are renamed because files that originally might have come from several folders are now being lumped together into one single folder. The slight security benefits are something of a side effect.

Comment

• John-oh
                  Indigo Rose Customer
                  • Jun 2000

Nice one - I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X