PDA

View Full Version : Create New Templates

DanceParty
09-11-2002, 09:06 AM
I have searched this board and the help files and was out of luck. Can you make your own templates??? If so how? Could someone point me in the right direction.

HenryAdams
09-11-2002, 10:04 AM
You can create your own templates in countless ways. If you are interested in a bitmap temp, you could design it in Photoshop, Paint Shop, etc. and then import it to AMS.

If you are interested in vectors or animation temps you could use Illustrator, Flash, Swift 3D, etc.

I should also point out that there are a number of VERY NICE ready made templates in AMS4. Both project and page templates have been included.

The only limit is your imagination.

DanceParty
09-11-2002, 10:27 AM
a template has all the hotspots right? So I have a jpg for the background. Do I make the page in AMS4 with the objects I need then export it as a template??? how do I do that? Is it like saving a page?

Lorne
09-11-2002, 11:27 AM
Have a look at the existing template files (in a subfolder of the folder where AutoPlay Media Studio is installed). There isn't really much to it...snoop around in there a bit and then come back if you have any questions. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

HenryAdams
09-11-2002, 01:57 PM
All that you need to do is click on help and type in "Getting Started".

You will see the four important points that I have noted below. If you still need additional help after that, just submit another post on the Forum.

The Basics
First Steps
What to Read First
Planning Your Project