• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cscorp
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2005

Search Engine for CD...

I am developing an application that has a lot of contents. I am thinking of including a search box so peers can find information easier. Trying to convince boss to adopt AMS as tools for development of personnel training modules. So far I think AMS is an excellent product for the novice developer, like me. Trying to anticipate all possible concerns since people who will be responsible for it has some programming experience but are not experts. I have never used SQLite, but guess it could be the tool for the job. Is my guess right ?

Thanks in Advance.
  • Worm
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jul 2002

If you need to search content, I would definitely recommend that SQLite be used. The one thing to keep in mind with SQLite though, is that it is not designed to be a multi-user database. In a single user environment, I don't think there is another way in AMS that could come close to speed and ease of use for searching than SQLite.

A big selling point for AMS, is this forum. If the powers that be have any reservations, have them take a half hour and browse the forums. Once they are in awe of the amount of support within the AMS community itself, let them know that *this* is not even the *official* support site. There hasn't been too many times I've had to submit an official support ticket, but when I have, the response has always been very timely and accurate.

Comment

• eric_darling
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Jun 2002

In a world of lackluster customer service, Indigo Rose is an anomaly. But, as Worm said, this forum isn't even the "official" support element of their company. As with any great software, there's a strong and growing community of users out there who are, fortunately for all of us, willing to share their wisdom and insights on the software.

Worm himself is responsible for saving my keester on a number of occasions (one just this weekend). So, the depth, skill and generosity of the user community shouldn't be underestimated either. I use A LOT of different kinds of software by lots of different kinds of software companies, and I believe that IR is the best example of quality software in conjunction with outstanding support.

As you progress with your first project, search the forums for answers to questions that will inevitably arise. If you don't find a good answer, ask a new question yourself and be amazed at how fast the help comes!
      Eric Darling
      eThree Media
      http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• cscorp
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2005

Thanks

Guys.. thanks a lot... where can I get SQLite?

Comment

• eric_darling
          Indigo Rose Customer
          • Jun 2002

It's a plugin built by Indigo Rose:

You can find more if you visit the "Resources" link on IR's homepage. Then click the "Plugins and Add-Ons" link. It's a little hard to find.
          Last edited by eric_darling; 07-18-2005, 10:38 PM.
          Eric Darling
          eThree Media
          http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

• Corey
            Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
            • Aug 2002

Yep, most of the reason why the support in this forum is so great is because of the users. Not a single day goes by that we don't see someone helping someone out in here and go, "Wow, that's cool." :yes

As for the official support, it's true. Our support is at least as good as any software company out there, and I don't just go around saying stuff like that. It's true. A lot of people make that claim, but we back it up. Our support guys are knowledgable, patient, and best of all, experienced. There's no substitute for experience. Plus our support guys are all professional programmers, we don't outsource our support to strangers. All our official support is provided from within the same team who created the products in the first place, you don't see that very often. :yes

Worm's right though, if you bring your questions here to the forum, you'll probably never need to use the official support ticket system anyhow. You can usually get answers to your questions in here very quickly. If you read a few of the other threads in the forum you'll see it's a very comfortable place full of friendly, clever people. I can honestly say I've never met more super intelligent people in one spot than in this forum, and from all walks of life too. It's truly awesome, sometimes when you post a problem in here you end up getting back three or four totally different working solutions!

Comment

• bule
              Indigo Rose Customer
              • May 2005

And also, one of the most lovely things with IR is that new versions of the software mostly include suggestions and recommendations supervened from this forum...
              Never know what life is gonna throw at you. ZubTech

Comment

• cscorp
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2005

Thanks a Lot

So far I have received an extraordinary service. The forum is an extraordinary idea and the AMS is simple yet very powerful. I hope to be able to contribute as I get more experience using it. Hope to be able to convince my boss to buy it.

Thanks again.
                Last edited by cscorp; 07-19-2005, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Corey
                  Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
                  • Aug 2002

Excellent usage of "supervene". You're only the second person I've ever heard use it, but I've always thought it was a terribly cool looking word which should get way more play than it does. :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes

Comment

Working...
                  X