• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Syverson
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Dec 2003

Using AMS 5 as a search engine

I've got a potential client with a museum kiosk project. One of the components they would like is a specialized search for job openings (It is a paper industry museum). There are about fifteen different jobs they would like the user to be able to search for (Paper Chemist for example).

Hopefully there would be a way to display the relevent results without going from search engine to search engine.

Any ideas would be appreciated. If you have done something like this before, please contact me off forum, and we could discuss a consulting job for this.

Cheers
    Syverson
  • rhosk
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2003

[Not looking for a job here]

Is this project server based? IMO, doing it alone with AMS would be cumbersome, although I'm sure it could be done depening on how large the [database] is.
    Regards,

-Ron

Music | Video | Pictures

Comment

• Syverson
      Indigo Rose Customer
      • Dec 2003

Clarification

The program would be a standalone on a touch screen kiosk (Standard windows machine)

I know that I could have a button (with the name of the occupation) launch a specific employment site, search it, and return results, but I would like to be able to search a variety of employment sites at once and have AMS compile the results for the user.

Cheers
      Syverson

Comment

Working...
      X