• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • njlech
    Forum Member
    • May 2001

Video Recommendations

Okay, I have a question for all you video gurus out there. I am going to be building a fairly large video training CD very soon, and I was wondering what is recommended for:

1. Screen Cam Video Software
    2. Video Compression format that produces the best quality video with as little bulk as possible (QuickTime, Indeo, Cinepak, etc.)
    3. Audio Compression that produces the best quality with as little bulk as possible (11.025 kHz, mono, 8-bit...22.05 kHz, stereo, 16-bit...etc.). Interleave video and audio by frames or milliseconds?

Also, I would like to know how I can reduce the size of a screen cam video from 800X600 down to half the size and keep the aspect ratio without distorting.

Right now, I am using a pretty decent freeware program called CamStudio.

I am not a video production expert. Most of my training is in help authoring systems. So, any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would guess that Eric Darling might have a few good tips at least.

Thanks.

• Bruce
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Jun 2001

Re: Video Recommendations

Good job Eric.

Comment

• njlech
      Forum Member
      • May 2001

Excellent assessment and good points, Eric!! It certainly looks like you have done your homework.

This makes it much easier for me to decide which direction to take this. It looks to me like MPEG-1 will be the best choice with the least headaches, given the various alternatives.

Thanks for the awesome tips! Much appreciated.

(BTW, is it just me, or is anyone else creeped out by the winking cat? just kidding, Bruce. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )

Comment

• eric_darling
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2002

My pleasure... It wasn't so much homework as it has been time and grade. For that, there is no substitute. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
        Eric Darling
        eThree Media
        http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X